Lazaar to stay with Newcastle United

Sheffield Wednesday: Owls dealt transfer blow as Newcastle United loanee insists he wants to remain with Magpies

Sheffield Wednesday look to have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Newcastle United defender Achraf Lazaar, after the Magpies man insisted he’s eager to remain at St. James Park for the forthcoming season.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-owls-dealt-transfer-blow-as-newcastle-united-loanee-insists-he-wants-to-remain-with-magpies-416297

Owlstalk Shop

While there is a chance of him being in their plans he is bound to say that, but if he is told that he is not likely to figure much or at all, he may be happy to come back.

...or not.

Edited by OxonOwl

26 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Shame. You could tell he was a decent player, even in the short time he was on the pitch.

They key words being: short time on pitch

seen way too much of that recently

shame

It's not really news though, why would any player not want to play first team football for the club he's signed to? It wouldn't be great for him if showed a lack of ambition and said 'I really want to move on loan to the Championship', while contracted to a premier league team. Another Star 'Big News None Story' IMO, that doesn't mean he will stay at Newcastle or that he won't eventually get loaned out. 

Definetly a talented player with pace to burn,  the exact type of left back we need , but his injury record worries me and i think he would be too much of a risk with the small budget we have.