Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

Does he often say Tom Lees?

Good one. My point was that SB considers him captain material and therefore an inspirational leader within the team. 

21 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

Didn’t suit Lees trying to play out from the back, or playing on the right of a back 3, he isn’t a very fast player and opposition last year were taking advantage of this.

Once Jos left and we played the same back 4 and goalkeeper, began to be more direct we saw the ever reliable Lees we’ve all known over the past few years. 

He’s probably our most underrated player,  he’s just a solid 7 out of ten every week, he’s not perfect but in the Championship he’s as good as you’ll get. 

Dont think hes underated on here. 2 years ago people were claiming he was destined for premier and worth 10 million plus.He is solid and this is his level but his lack of ball playing skills will always hold him back from the next step up.

19 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Get Thorniley next to him, Jordan is a class defender just lacking a bit of experience but I wouldn't splash out on Hector if we will go close with FFP whilst we've got a quality defender on the bench.

Agree with this Thorniley is ready for a permanent step up to the first team. He is solid and on the way up. 

23 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Lees did improve when Bruce took over, but so did every defender. I think that just as much credit should go to Westwood for that though, because they had someone to organize them. They all look much more confident and composed with Westwood behind them. 

This Westwood Behind and Hutch in front made the difference. Hector looked class and Lees improved.

I'm hoping Thorniley pushes his starting spot this year.

Lees has always been best when he can just focus on his own game. Not sure the captaincy has truly done him any favours. With a leader alongside him (the likes of a Hector) who may get the captaincy next season then he may well just rediscover that great form of the first 2 seasons. Don’t get me wrong he hasn’t drastically become poor, just slightly less reliable than when he first joined.