Really think he will return to the good form and player we know he has been for us this season again

It just shows that with the right tactics and the right gaffer in charge that it can transform a player who looked a shadow of a man under Jos. Credit to Bruce for changing him around, I think he was the biggest change in form out of everyone in the side - it looked like he was done for good for a while and could be ready for chopping block

A solid CB, great servant and I’m hoping he will remain in our defence for a long time.

Thought this was the last year of his deal but it looks like it runs until 2021, he signed a 5 year deal in Aug 2016.

It's important that we have a solid CB to parter him as Tom has shown that although he's a solid pro at this level and good player he can't carry or inspire a defence. 

Edited by Owls2k

8 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Thought this was the last year of his deal but it looks like it runs until 2021, he signed a 5 year deal in Aug 2016.

It's important that we have a solid CB to parter him as Tom has shown that although he's a solid pro at this level and good player he can't carry or inspire a defence. 

Use some commas. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Really think he will return to the good form and player we know he has been for us this season again

It just shows that with the right tactics and the right gaffer in charge that it can transform a player who looked a shadow of a man under Jos. Credit to Bruce for changing him around, I think he was the biggest change in form out of everyone in the side - it looked like he was done for good for a while and could be ready for chopping block

A solid CB, great servant and I’m hoping he will remain in our defence for a long time.

Cough cough Jordan Rhodes  cough cough

Guest Willow Owl
9 hours ago, Owls2k said:

SB captained Man Utd, if he says Tom Lees then fine with me. 

Guest domSWFC

Lees did improve when Bruce took over, but so did every defender. I think that just as much credit should go to Westwood for that though, because they had someone to organize them. They all look much more confident and composed with Westwood behind them. 

Didn’t suit Lees trying to play out from the back, or playing on the right of a back 3, he isn’t a very fast player and opposition last year were taking advantage of this.

Once Jos left and we played the same back 4 and goalkeeper, began to be more direct we saw the ever reliable Lees we’ve all known over the past few years. 

He’s probably our most underrated player,  he’s just a solid 7 out of ten every week, he’s not perfect but in the Championship he’s as good as you’ll get. 

28 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Lees did improve when Bruce took over, but so did every defender. I think that just as much credit should go to Westwood for that though, because they had someone to organize them. They all look much more confident and composed with Westwood behind them. 

Some credit to Westwood for sure but the level of organisation in the defence was so much better once Jos left and particularly impressive once Bruce had some time with them, the way they cover for each other and attack/drop to cover is light years ahead of what we were doing under Jos and Carlos

2 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Excellent centre half - one of the better defenders in the division.

Any good side requires a solid spine at the back and Lees has provided that alongside Westwood, Hector & Loovens before him. 

I'd love him at the Albion. 

This. I think some people forget how lucky we are to have him. Lets be honest too, at this level even the top defenders will make mistakes at times. I mean they still do make mistakes as elite level. Tom Lees is a great player and his partnership with Hector (praying for his return), Westwood and the frightening pace and athleticism of the likes of Iorfa and Odubajo makes me so excited about our defence next season. 

I wouldn't be surprised (or overly averse) to see Lees partnered with Thorniley / JVA over the course of the season. Reckon Bruce could work wonders with both players

Edited by Minton

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

He needs someone to hold his, be it Westwood or another commanding centre back. If we get that he will be fine

Hold his what? Unless his new nickname is tripod, I reckon he can hold it himself :Sid:

He shouldn't be captain I've said it for a while.. if you think your captain needs someone with organisational qualities next to him then the armbands on the wrong guy, he's a good defender though be interesting to see what happens if we do get Hector back because Borner is supposed to be top notch too Farke wanted him to Norwich last season