Pre Season Training - thoughts?

2 hours ago, Lombado said:

I hated pre-season...even for a Sunday league team.

I once made the mistake of going to Corfu for 2 weeks in the middle of ours.  First session after returning nearly killed me.  

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Always best fitting it in before the season starts 

Not really. The problem with having pre-season training before the season starts is it's summer, innit? The air tickets and hotels are expensive at this time of year. If they waited until say October or November time for pre-season, they could save a few quid on travel.

:Chansiri:

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Not really. The problem with having pre-season training before the season starts is it's summer, innit? The air tickets and hotels are expensive at this time of year. If they waited until say October or November time for pre-season, they could save a few quid on travel.

:Chansiri:

I demand a statement from the club on why this eminently sensible proposal has not been implemented.  Have you no respect for the fans.

• Haha 1

Really enjoying seeing the photos and videos Dom is putting on Twitter every day. Certainly looks like the players are being made to work hard. Great to see. A proper manager that knows what he’s doing and gives the players a tough pre season. 

Anyone else a bit ‘unimpressed’ with all the fuss surrounding how ‘hard’ the players are working in Portugal ?     

It’s pre season ... it should be hard , I don’t need to be reading this is the hardest I’ve ever worked every 2mins etc, surely if a pre season schedule isn’t upto scratch it’s a persons responsibility to have a bit of professional pride and look after them selfs ?    Just seems like there going out of there way to state how hard it is 

4 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

My pre-season is coming along nicely...a bit too early to go for an actual 15 pint matchday session though lol

The trick during preseason is to take it steady by drinking 30 halves