Pre Season Training - thoughts?

We've got a conspiracies thread, but what are your thoughts on what you are seeing on Howson's twitter updates and the official channels? 

A few things for me.  Reach looks like he's been in the gym.  Looks like he's built up a bit.  We've said it before about Joao, but he too looks fit.  Most of the players would appear to have come back in good nick.  Remember seasons past and the added timber?  Good to see Kieran Lee joining in, with what I can make out is most of the drills we've seen.  I haven't seen any sight of Jordan Rhodes, brief glimpse of Winnall.  I'll be interested to see how it builds up over the week.  The running at the moment is not balls out, but you can see its winding up, working on fluidity rather than out and out lung busting.  There was some ball work this morning and it looked like it came at the end of some pretty hard running.

All in all, it looks encouraging.  Is it me, or is Howson's coverage pretty good?  I can't remember in previous years quite so much video footage etc.  I hope he keeps it up, some of us find it interesting from a coaching perspective, but mostly because it feels like as fans, we're getting a look at what feels like a proper pre season.  I'm buzzing at the moment for the new campaign, whatever it may bring. 

Maybe someone with a bit more IT savvy could include some of the videos and photos etc?

Edited by spike1867
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

We've got a conspiracies thread, but what are your thoughts on what you are seeing on Howson's twitter updates and the official channels? 

A few things for me.  Reach looks like he's been in the gym.  Looks like he's built up a bit.  We've said it before about Joao, but he too looks fit.  Most of the players would appear to have come back in good nick.  Remember seasons past and the added timber?  Good to see Kieran Lee joining in, with what I can make out is most of the drills we've seen.  I haven't seen any sight of Jordan Rhodes, brief glimpse of Winnall.  I'll be interested to see how it builds up over the week.  The running at the moment is not balls out, but you can see its winding up, working on fluidity rather than out and out lung busting.  There was some ball work this morning and it looked like it came at the end of some pretty hard running.

All in all, it looks encouraging.  Is it me, or is Howson's coverage pretty good?  I can't remember in previous years quite so much video footage etc.  I hope he keeps it up, some of us find it interesting from a coaching perspective, but mostly because it feels like as fans, we're getting a look at what feels like a proper pre season.  I'm buzzing at the moment for the new campaign, whatever it may bring. 

Maybe someone with a bit more IT savvy could include some of the videos and photos etc?

Large.jpg

Not sure bud, a lack of application and professionalism is something you cant accuse him of to be fair. He'll score a few for us this season i'm sure, whether its from the bench or otherwise only SB will know.  

6 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Don't read too much into this, Jos worked them hard last summer but didn't make much difference, Bruce has done this plenty of times, they'll bit fit no doubt. Long gone are the Carlos holiday camps. 

Howson said he felt it was more intense than previous regimes. Also, it felt like one man and his dog under Jos. There's Clemence, Agnew, Bullen, Kalinins, Strudwick and numerous other staff members and it just looks more structured.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Don't read too much into this, Jos worked them hard last summer but didn't make much difference, Bruce has done this plenty of times, they'll bit fit no doubt. Long gone are the Carlos holiday camps. 

I have never seen such a shambles as our first game at Wigan last season.

Totally under prepared from both a fitness and tactical perspective.

It was obvious watching that , that jos wasn’t going to last 

18 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I have never seen such a shambles as our first game at Wigan last season.

Totally under prepared from both a fitness and tactical perspective.

It was obvious watching that , that jos wasn’t going to last 

Same at Preston the season before. Even at the Rangers friendly you could see how unprepared we were.

Just the fact Bruce has brought Strudwick in tells me things are going to be very different.

You don't work at Man Utd for 10 years in a senior role id you don't know what you're doing. The guy is very knowledgable with a tonne of experience too. Fitter with less injuries is what we should expect now. 

On paper there's still a balance issue within the squad, still a few too many weaker players but nevertheless with the financial restrictions i really think we'll be a tough team to beat. I'm not happy wit how the upper echelons of the club have been operating, but the football side of things will come good in time now. I got a very good look in to what Huddersfield were doing the year they went up and a lot of what we are doing is of a similar ilk.