Jump to content
marcx666

6 Academy Players sign Pro Contracts

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

It might be just my phone but it's like being in the hall of mirrors. 

 

:duntmatter:

 

Should be good at headers with all those sausage heads lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done all. 

 

Now has anyone got any ideas for a song for Joe West?

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's nothing better in football than seeing a youngster break through and make it in the first team

 

It's a tall order boys, give it your best shot

 

Good luck and go for it

  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

 

Cheers mate i will pass on your good wishes when i call him later on tonight . He’s determined to grab this opportunity and repay the coaching staff and club

 

Must have been a stressful time waiting to hear if he would be offered terms.  Hope it all goes well for all the lads bet they are bouncing off the ceiling but the hard work begins.

 

Congrats to all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to them, but with O'Grady, Nielsen and Hammoud all having been let go at the end of last season it's hard to be particularly positive about young players prospects at our club. :mellow:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeper will do well being so tall

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the young fella in the second photo from Barnsley lol

 

Seriously - good luck lads

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

 

Cheers mate i will pass on your good wishes when i call him later on tonight . He’s determined to grab this opportunity and repay the coaching staff and club

Well John I think it’s a sign of the respect we all have for you and your input to OT that, as soon as I saw that headline, I was hoping your lad was one of the 6.

I think we all hope he’ll go on and fulfill his potential.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't post much but cheers for the academy updates throughout the season @John O'Brien, massive congratulations to Jordan, and the rest.

 

A big step on the way to you giving us your match reports from the first team in the future!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to all. @John O'Brien you should be able to retire soon now Jordan has his contract. Seriously though well done to them all, sure we'd all like nothing more than to see them all be part of our champions league winning side of the mid 2020's!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

 

Must have been a stressful time waiting to hear if he would be offered terms.  Hope it all goes well for all the lads bet they are bouncing off the ceiling but the hard work begins.

 

Congrats to all.

Cheers Mycroft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

Congrats to all. @John O'Brien you should be able to retire soon now Jordan has his contract. Seriously though well done to them all, sure we'd all like nothing more than to see them all be part of our champions league winning side of the mid 2020's!

Cheers Damian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

I don't post much but cheers for the academy updates throughout the season @John O'Brien, massive congratulations to Jordan, and the rest.

 

A big step on the way to you giving us your match reports from the first team in the future!

I really hope so Fingy

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Well John I think it’s a sign of the respect we all have for you and your input to OT that, as soon as I saw that headline, I was hoping your lad was one of the 6.

I think we all hope he’ll go on and fulfill his potential.

Cheers Ibbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this in line with the embargo? On the website but not announced on social media like usual practice. 

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, malek said:

Happy that we resigned Preston, certainly one I feel we can develop into good player.

 

Very happy for John that his boy Jordan got offered pro-deal. Well done Jordan.

Need Hughes, Kirby, Preston, Jack Lee and Hunt to go out on loan this year. I am sure they will improve considerably if this happens

 

Delighted for all of the young lads and wish them well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Kick on lads ,Kick on show em what you are made of .This is only the start of your Journey ,You can make it ,If you have to leave the training ground late that's what it takes ,You will get out ,What you put in, Congratulations now work hard .

It goes back to that article a few years ago with kieron Lee. 

He was an exiting prospect at United and highly rated. He was talking at one point how fergie signed Ronaldo and while him and his mates got to training and then left afterwards. Ronaldo was already out on the pitch training as they arrived everymoring and still there after they had all bailed off home. 

 

I'm not saying if you train exceptionally hard everyday anyone can become as great as Ronaldo did, it takes a natural talent along with a deep desire. 

Though you look at some of the real starlets that just dissapear into lower league obscurity, or who's carers just run off the rails. People like boothroyd when he was at arsenal, Rodwell after he left Everton ravel Morrison to name a few. 

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, s73owl said:

Elongated heads and bodies?

Passed by our medical staff to sign contracts :duntmatter:

pulse check,

arsehole check.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to Charles Hagen?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

 

Cheers mate i will pass on your good wishes when i call him later on tonight . He’s determined to grab this opportunity and repay the coaching staff and club

 

Congratulations John, how's Jordan going on with the back issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...