6 Academy Players sign Pro Contracts

14 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Cheers mate i will pass on your good wishes when i call him later on tonight . He’s determined to grab this opportunity and repay the coaching staff and club

Must have been a stressful time waiting to hear if he would be offered terms.  Hope it all goes well for all the lads bet they are bouncing off the ceiling but the hard work begins.

Congrats to all.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Cheers mate i will pass on your good wishes when i call him later on tonight . He’s determined to grab this opportunity and repay the coaching staff and club

Well John I think it’s a sign of the respect we all have for you and your input to OT that, as soon as I saw that headline, I was hoping your lad was one of the 6.

I think we all hope he’ll go on and fulfill his potential.

• Like 1

I don't post much but cheers for the academy updates throughout the season @John O'Brien, massive congratulations to Jordan, and the rest.

A big step on the way to you giving us your match reports from the first team in the future!

25 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Well John I think it’s a sign of the respect we all have for you and your input to OT that, as soon as I saw that headline, I was hoping your lad was one of the 6.

I think we all hope he’ll go on and fulfill his potential.

Cheers Ibbo

2 hours ago, malek said:

Happy that we resigned Preston, certainly one I feel we can develop into good player.

Very happy for John that his boy Jordan got offered pro-deal. Well done Jordan.

Need Hughes, Kirby, Preston, Jack Lee and Hunt to go out on loan this year. I am sure they will improve considerably if this happens

Delighted for all of the young lads and wish them well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Kick on lads ,Kick on show em what you are made of .This is only the start of your Journey ,You can make it ,If you have to leave the training ground late that's what it takes ,You will get out ,What you put in, Congratulations now work hard .

It goes back to that article a few years ago with kieron Lee. 

He was an exiting prospect at United and highly rated. He was talking at one point how fergie signed Ronaldo and while him and his mates got to training and then left afterwards. Ronaldo was already out on the pitch training as they arrived everymoring and still there after they had all bailed off home. 

I'm not saying if you train exceptionally hard everyday anyone can become as great as Ronaldo did, it takes a natural talent along with a deep desire. 

Though you look at some of the real starlets that just dissapear into lower league obscurity, or who's carers just run off the rails. People like boothroyd when he was at arsenal, Rodwell after he left Everton ravel Morrison to name a few. 

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Congratulations John, how's Jordan going on with the back issue.