Loris Benito - Free Agent in Portugal

20 minutes ago, Caicos Owl said:

From WiKi

"His first two seasons back in Switzerland have been almost on the sidelines with injuries including a metatarsal fracture and torn ligaments in his knee."

He'll fit right in here then

FFS

What about the 2 seasons after that.  He signed for them in 2015 and became a full international last year.

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

FFS!!!!

NAH! we've had our share and some of cripples, if he's had what appears to be his recent run in injuries and games played, then it should only be paid small retainer and 'paid to play' on top of that. no more 'not fit to play football types' FFS!!!!

14 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Just stated on transfer thread, apparently its not gone through as he's had his head turned by an opportunity to play in England !

Bordeaux deal has fallen through.

Apparently he doesn't like red wine... prefers craft beer instead.

• Haha 2

From his highlights vid he looks to have a good cross on him and an eye for the pass inside the full back. If there are any legs to this (and if he's still got 2) I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Can't see it though.

Not meaning to put a dampener on stuff, but this fella has been playing Champions League and was heavily linked with a move to Newcastle in the Premier League.  Now I know Benitez has moved on but do we honestly think this bloke said, I know, I'll drop down to the Championship in England?  The only truth I can see in this is that his move to Newcastle has now fallen through with Benitez departure and we've given him the opportunity to train in pre-season, for what reason I don't know.  I reckon round uns, but I'd be happy if I was wrong, he played at RCB against Juve in the CL and won 2-1 with Jose Semedo's bezzy oppo playing down the left in that game.

7 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Not meaning to put a dampener on stuff, but this fella has been playing Champions League and was heavily linked with a move to Newcastle in the Premier League.  Now I know Benitez has moved on but do we honestly think this bloke said, I know, I'll drop down to the Championship in England?  The only truth I can see in this is that his move to Newcastle has now fallen through with Benitez departure and we've given him the opportunity to train in pre-season, for what reason I don't know.  I reckon round uns, but I'd be happy if I was wrong, he played at RCB against Juve in the CL and won 2-1 with Jose Semedo's bezzy oppo playing down the left in that game.

you could have said the same thing about 1/2 the wolves team that got promoted.

The opportunity to show you talents in England is a big draw 

7 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Just now, agentwalker said:

you could have said the same thing about 1/2 the wolves team that got promoted.

The opportunity to show you talents in England is a big draw 

Like I said mate, I'd be happy if I'm wrong, the lad has a bit of pedigree and I've just watched the obligatory youtube vid and match highlights and my first thought about him was that he liked a tackle.  Full backs who attack are great these days, but they are still full backs and their first job is to defend and I prefer one who likes to put the foot in. We'll see if there is any substance to it, but I thought I read a report that said Watford and Burnley were also keen on him.

Hope you’re not falling for this one?

Research carefully and you will discover that Daniel Pudil has changed his name by deed poll to Loris Benito and had plastic surgery done.

He gave the game away during negotiations when he shouted out “We’re All Wednesday Aren’t We?”

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Hope you’re not falling for this one?

Research carefully and you will discover that Daniel Pudil has changed his name by deed poll to Loris Benito and had plastic surgery done.

He gave the game away during negotiations when he shouted out “We’re All Wednesday Aren’t We?”

Hope Jennings doesn’t try sue him then lol 

Bidwell ain’t in Portugal surely ? Why would he travel on a training camp with no contract offered ?   He’ll have offers