2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I know he has said 3 or 4 more but I think there will be more IF he can move a few out.

But lets say 4, with what he was saying yesterday it will have to be LB 2 Wingers and a CM. I know if we can get Hector back we will but If we cant I think Borner is the replacement.

And if he could get who he wants I think it will be:

LB - Lazaar Loan or Perm

CM - Onomah perm deal

Winger -  Aarons Perm deal

Winger - Unknown but could imagine a youth from one of the big clubs.

But like I say I think if he can get some out he will want more than another 4.

Aarons and lazar really improved us when fit. 

The problem is can they "Actually" stay fit? 

As for Onamah it's a no for me, never looked interested or showed any real form all season and I don't think you can realistically play him and Bazza together. 

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Totally agree. this is a key area we need to strengthen. Hutch is key when he plays but we know he wont play 46 games. Lee if he is fit is again key but after 2 years of not playing he is unlikely to play as much as we want. Bannan is reliable fitness wise so no worries there but Pelupessy is not good enough and will hopefully be moved on.

I would like to see at least 2 CM players come in if I'm honest. 

Needed addressing for 3 years

48 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

He did play LW a lot for Brentford last season though. It’s anybodys guess really though.

But if he is going to Play Right Back then I can see Iorfa been at CB, which then gives us 4 CBS. (5 including JVA)

I’m expecting Odubajo to play more as a winger this season given Palmer’s re-signed and Iorfa is also an option.

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I know he has said 3 or 4 more but I think there will be more IF he can move a few out.

But lets say 4, with what he was saying yesterday it will have to be LB 2 Wingers and a CM. I know if we can get Hector back we will but If we cant I think Borner is the replacement.

And if he could get who he wants I think it will be:

LB - Lazaar Loan or Perm

CM - Onomah perm deal

Winger -  Aarons Perm deal

Winger - Unknown but could imagine a youth from one of the big clubs.

But like I say I think if he can get some out he will want more than another 4.

He says he wants 4, but you think he wants more. 

Seems legit. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Aarons and lazar really improved us when fit. 

The problem is can they "Actually" stay fit? 

As for Onamah it's a no for me, never looked interested or showed any real form all season and I don't think you can realistically play him and Bazza together. 

Nope but him and Hutchinson looked good together against Norwich ?

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

How the hell are we going to score goals, none of those signed, score goals. If we then sign a LB, a CB, a DMF and a winger, who is going to score the goals? It has to be more than four surely

Seems an odd comment. Our problem for most of last season was keeping clean sheets, we still scored most weeks though even then. Our goal scoring picked up further in the second half of the season under Bruce too. 

Few have ever ever really doubted that between them our collection of strikers (Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnal, Joao, Nuhiu, Forestieri) can all get double figures as a minimums when they get service. So this is what Bruce is trying to address by bringing in wingers to provide chances (also Bidwell and Moses will surely provide more chances from FB than previous incumbents) and you’ve also got Reach who is good for 10 goals plus from midfield and Borner meant to be handy from set pieces. 

Its not not perfect but when we’ve got so many (too many?) forwards and so little cover elsewhere it would seem strange to throw more of our limited resources at stock piling strikers. 

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

We have to get people interested that's the problem. As Bruce said he's spoken to Norwich but at the moment there is no bid. I know you can push to move players on and I am sure were doing that but we have had 2 years of garbage, there are not many who will be attractive to others. The only 2 really are reach and bannan.

true, and likely on good money too.

few will be daft enough to match it, and (I very much doubt) anyone will be willing to take a pay cut to leave.

4 minutes ago, cookeh said:

if kalas is worth 8mil i really dont see how we can afford hector.

dest shot might just be another loan, but surely chelsea would be looking to sell him with his contract ending next summer.

My guess would be a loan with an agreement to buy in January or next summer when FFP allows. 

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

if kalas is worth 8mil i really dont see how we can afford hector.

dest shot might just be another loan, but surely chelsea would be looking to sell him with his contract ending next summer.

There’s a huge disparity between a rumoured 8m for Kalas, and the young DaSilva, who moved to Bristol City for just 2m As a current England U23 full back, you’d have thought DaSilva might have had more value. Given that situation, it’s hard to gauge what Hector might cost If I had to guess, I reckon about 3m, and that seems a fair price Certainly wouldn’t be paying 8m for Kalas, even if finances were no object

People keep mentioning a CDM, what was the name of the kid that was heavily linked with us previously, played for Hull a few seasons ago? Then went to Newcastle I think? 

Is he still available? Would people want him? 

31 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

People keep mentioning a CDM, what was the name of the kid that was heavily linked with us previously, played for Hull a few seasons ago? Then went to Newcastle I think? 

Do you mean Diame? 

I was under the impression he'd gone to a club in Qatar or somewhere similar for mega bucks but can't actually find any confirmation of it.

2 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Isaac Hayden 

3 hours ago, mogbad said:

Do you mean Diame? 

I was under the impression he'd gone to a club in Qatar or somewhere similar for mega bucks but can't actually find any confirmation of it.

Yes, that’s the kid I was thinking of. I know there was a big thread about him on here and it sounded like we was heavily linked with him. Not heard anything since. 

3 hours ago, mogbad said:

Do you mean Diame? 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfers-mo-diame-16410609

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9331335/ex-newcastle-mo-diame-100000k-a-week-qatar-al-gharafa/

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, gurujuan said:

There’s a huge disparity between a rumoured 8m for Kalas, and the young DaSilva, who moved to Bristol City for just 2m As a current England U23 full back, you’d have thought DaSilva might have had more value. Given that situation, it’s hard to gauge what Hector might cost If I had to guess, I reckon about 3m, and that seems a fair price Certainly wouldn’t be paying 8m for Kalas, even if finances were no object

DaSilva's one decent bit of a season in the championship. Only played 28 games. So i figure thats why his cost is lower. He's less proven at this level, having spent time previously in league one.

Both Kalas and Hector just passed 150 games in the Championship so seem very comparable in terms of their likely value. Kalas had 2 years left on his deal i think, so Hector only having one left would work in favour of bringing the price down a bit. Can't see Hector being less than 4-5 Mil, which while that's a good deal for a player like him, there's still no evidence that we actually have 2 pennies to rub together.