Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

Not sure where this change of identify gonads has come from?

 

It's cos we have to be respectful of the King of Thailand now..

and we have a long history of mocking and berating him..

or something...

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Chilled in DN9

 

 

Are you living in Sprotborough?.......I used to live at 8BB..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

 

This is a registered trademark that is protected by International copyright laws. Reproduciton and distribution of the trademark without written permission of the sponsor is prohibited.  Expect a knock at the door within the next 1867 minutes. 

 

Is this a copy and paste job of something? Did you check whether or not you need permission to Reproduciton it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Been two months now of news blackout.

 

Few rumours trickling through but nothing concrete.

 

The threads are too long to find any information and alot of it is contradictory.

 

Is anyone aware of what the heck is going on at the club?

 

Are we under an embargo? Have we signed players but not telling? Are people chilled or anxious?

 

Could do with a thread with some solid info.

 

Cmon Owlstalkers. Surprise me. Try and resist turning the thread into an avalanche of bullshlt. It doesn't have to be that way :biggrin:

 

Tis all a conspiracy to get us in to a frenzy and then when we make one free signing the relief will be that exciting that we'll forget what a sh1tty close season just passed us by.

 

or it could be that every one is on holiday or negotiating with players or trying to sort FFP or whatever we call it and nowt will be said until there's something too say.

 

Tis annoying I agree but chuck it on the back burner and enjoy your summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

 

 

Are you living in Sprotborough?.......I used to live at 8BB..

 

 

 

Cancel that, getting my postcodes mixed up....but I used to live in Westwoodside too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I can't get my head around is the inconsistency.

 

There's plenty of strong rumour and some facts (concerning Borner) to suggest that we have definitely signed some new players. This would not be the case if there was the remotest possibility of an embargo preventing their registration. So we're only waiting for some EFL rubber stamping. There can't be any if and buts; they are done deals.

 

But on the other hand: if we've signed players, why not announce it? The club should be trying to drum up enthusiasm for OITP; what better way than to say it's an opportunity to meet the new signings? I don't buy the 1st July rubbish: there's nothing stopping us saying we've signed someone "effective from 1st July". We could also add "official registration will follow EFL rubber stamping". 

 

It doesn't make sense to me.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Chilled in DN9

 

Likewise in DN11. Lovely afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just waiting until the photos from the players 1st day back are online later...

 

Then the conspiracy stories will really start.

 

:ghoulguy:

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been reported were under a soft embargo. As seen on companies house there is activity which hasn’t run its course yet so presumably we need to wait for that. Imagine we won’t be able to finalise any signings before then. So as reported really. All a bit risky. 

Edited by Bluesteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Been two months now of news blackout.

 

Few rumours trickling through but nothing concrete.

 

The threads are too long to find any information and alot of it is contradictory.

 

Is anyone aware of what the heck is going on at the club?

 

Are we under an embargo? Have we signed players but not telling? Are people chilled or anxious?

 

Could do with a thread with some solid info.

 

Cmon Owlstalkers. Surprise me. Try and resist turning the thread into an avalanche of bullshlt. It doesn't have to be that way :biggrin:

 

 

New contracts don't start until 1st July, technically we still have Gary Hooper & George Boyd.

 

Hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

What I can't get my head around is the inconsistency.

 

There's plenty of strong rumour and some facts (concerning Borner) to suggest that we have definitely signed some new players. This would not be the case if there was the remotest possibility of an embargo preventing their registration. So we're only waiting for some EFL rubber stamping. There can't be any if and buts; they are done deals.

 

But on the other hand: if we've signed players, why not announce it? The club should be trying to drum up enthusiasm for OITP; what better way than to say it's an opportunity to meet the new signings? I don't buy the 1st July rubbish: there's nothing stopping us saying we've signed someone "effective from 1st July". We could also add "official registration will follow EFL rubber stamping". 

 

It doesn't make sense to me.

 

Presumably a deal can be agreed but not formally registered. That’s why they won’t be announced as it would just incur the wrath of the EFL like when Birmingham signed Pedersen and we’re charged with an aggravated breach. 

 

I wonder if said players will train with us in the meantime.

Edited by Bluesteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody hell Beholder....How long have you been on here?

 

 

"Some solid news"

 

 

owlstalk???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are starting to lose their sh it 

 

Here’s a clip I managed to get of Beholder earlier whilst he was browsing Owlstalk

 

 

6ED9FC8F-080F-4D7F-9B55-5A9ABE409C1A.gif

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobness said:

Solid is one of the four fundamental states of matter (the others being liquid, gas, and plasma). In solids particles are closely packed. It is characterized by structural rigidity and resistance to changes of shape or volume. Unlike liquid, a solid object does not flow to take on the shape of its container, nor does it expand to fill the entire volume available to it like a gas does. The atoms in a solid are tightly bound to each other, either in a regular geometric lattice (crystalline solids, which include metals and ordinary ice) or irregularly (an amorphous solid such as common window glass). Solids cannot be compressed with little pressure whereas gases can be compressed with little pressure because in gases molecules are loosely packed.

 

The branch of physics that deals with solids is called solid-state physics, and is the main branch of condensed matter physics (which also includes liquids). Materials science is primarily concerned with the physical and chemical properties of solids. Solid-state chemistry is especially concerned with the synthesis of novel materials, as well as the science of identification and chemical composition.

 

As my old Boss used to say, "Bullshit baffles brains".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobness said:

Solid is one of the four fundamental states of matter (the others being liquid, gas, and plasma). In solids particles are closely packed. It is characterized by structural rigidity and resistance to changes of shape or volume. Unlike liquid, a solid object does not flow to take on the shape of its container, nor does it expand to fill the entire volume available to it like a gas does. The atoms in a solid are tightly bound to each other, either in a regular geometric lattice (crystalline solids, which include metals and ordinary ice) or irregularly (an amorphous solid such as common window glass). Solids cannot be compressed with little pressure whereas gases can be compressed with little pressure because in gases molecules are loosely packed.

 

The branch of physics that deals with solids is called solid-state physics, and is the main branch of condensed matter physics (which also includes liquids). Materials science is primarily concerned with the physical and chemical properties of solids. Solid-state chemistry is especially concerned with the synthesis of novel materials, as well as the science of identification and chemical composition.

If you have a season ticket pal can you PM me the seat number please ?

 

 

 

 

 

Just in case I'm sat next to you  WTF:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All we want to know is what does Barry Bannans new hair look like ?

 

UTO's

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fuzzy logics said:

 

 

WAWAW?

 

You might have hit on something here - if we just stick a ? on the end of the WAWAW that might bypass Jennings' claim to copyright!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fuzzy logics said:

 

I have.

 

Either way, the fact is that I cannot remember a time where the fans have been as marginalised and alienated in the past 45 years.

 

Mr C has paid for the right to do as he wishes, however, doesn't mean to say i have to like it. Just my opinion of course.

 

Each to their own I suppose, I have been a regular supporter since 1965 and in no way do I feel marginalised or alienated.  Perhaps I am just not needy.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...