Joe Wildsmith

don't know whats happening with wildsmith 2 years ago looked a real talent ,he ended up sitting in crowd with us at leeds and looked dejected ,ideal situation would be for dawson and wildsmith to take turns on a half season loan ,but then we would need another keeper unless we have a 24 hour recall on them. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Probably just a rumour. 

Why?, becouse it would "actually make real sense". 

The lad needs to go on loan to improve instead of languishing in the under 23s. 

Barnsley is close to home, so no messing about with either a long commute, living In a hotel, or renting somewhere. 

He'd be gaining valuable championship experience if he goes as thier no 1 too and will hopefully improve his confidence and all round game, to return a better keeper. 

No brainer for me makes total sense...... 

Which is why it wouldnt happen knowing us lol

Why would he be their first choice yet deemed not good enough for this league by us ? 

37 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

don't know whats happening with wildsmith 2 years ago looked a real talent ,he ended up sitting in crowd with us at leeds and looked dejected ,ideal situation would be for dawson and wildsmith to take turns on a half season loan ,but then we would need another keeper unless we have a 24 hour recall on them. 

No one would take a keeper they want as there number one on loan for a season or even 6 months like you say and accept a 24 hour recall clause. What would they do if we recalled him? 

One way or another he needs games next season and Wildsmith will know that more than anyone.

I'll be surprised if his agent isn't doing everything he can to get him a move somewhere, whether it be a loan or a permanent deal.

45 minutes ago, swfcjam said:

No one would take a keeper they want as there number one on loan for a season or even 6 months like you say and accept a 24 hour recall clause. What would they do if we recalled him? 

well that might be why he aint been loaned out, say if westwood got injured which happens a lot then we might only have dawson ,if a difficult one . but neither keeper are going to improve not playing league football. butland had a year on loan at Barnsley ,now he has a 20 million pound value and England caps . 

30 minutes ago, cowl said:

One way or another he needs games next season and Wildsmith will know that more than anyone.

I'll be surprised if his agent isn't doing everything he can to get him a move somewhere, whether it be a loan or a permanent deal.

I may be wrong but hasn't he got 4 years left on his contract …..if he has then it's unlikely that the sort of club that would want him could pay him the money he'll be on here ….

Firstly, his girlfriend is very hot.

Secondly, I'm not sure where I stand in the Cam Dawson Vs Wildsmith. Both could be good, or both could end up like that chap who went to Rotherham etc. Still, I think both will both end up with a long professional career, whether it's with us or not depends on, potentially, next season

Gotta get him out on loan as someone’s number 1 next season, even if that means getting a ‘third choice’ keeper in. 

Next season should see Westwood as number 1 with him basically working with Dawson to take over the reigns, which is what should have happened this season. Then how we’ll this goes determines what happens with wildsmith on his return. 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

I may be wrong but hasn't he got 4 years left on his contract …..if he has then it's unlikely that the sort of club that would want him could pay him the money he'll be on here ….

His contract expires in 3 years, but I'm not sure why his contract length would have much to do with whether a club could rival what we're paying him each month.

Besides, the kid's either got ambition or he hasn't. If seeing out the next 3 years with us without pushing himself on the assumption that he'll get himself fixed up with something comparable when his contract expires is his plan, then his plan will undoubtedly fail miserably. He's 23 now and if he wants a reasonable career in the sport then he has to be playing games now. Alternatively he can wait while he's 26 having spent the last six or seven seasons as second choice (at best) and take his pick from the handful of lower end League Two clubs that'll come in for him (at best) then.

Perhaps he needs another 12 months of playing for the U23s (while he still qualifies without restriction) for the penny to drop before he'll move on, but he's highly unlikely, as things stand, to be getting first team games with us this next season. The longer he leaves the inevitable, the shorter his career will, in effect, be.

9 minutes ago, cowl said:

His contract expires in 3 years, but I'm not sure why his contract length would have much to do with whether a club could rival what we're paying him each month.

Besides, the kid's either got ambition or he hasn't. If seeing out the next 3 years with us without pushing himself on the assumption that he'll get himself fixed up with something comparable when his contract expires is his plan, then his plan will undoubtedly fail miserably. He's 23 now and if he wants a reasonable career in the sport then he has to be playing games now. Alternatively he can wait while he's 26 having spent the last six or seven seasons as second choice (at best) and take his pick from the handful of lower end League Two clubs that'll come in for him (at best) then.

Perhaps he needs another 12 months of playing for the U23s (while he still qualifies without restriction) for the penny to drop before he'll move on, but he's highly unlikely, as things stand, to be getting first team games with us this next season. The longer he leaves the inevitable, the shorter his career will, in effect, be.

i would think if he signed a a 5 year deal he'd be on a decent wage as his stock was high at the time  , the sort of club he'd attract now would be hard pressed to match it and players don't usually leave for less money  …..I doubt any championship club would want him so it's down to league one at best and not many clubs down there pay what we do so I think the length of his  contract does come into it …… perhaps chansiri will make an exception and subsidise his wages to get him out on loan but I wouldn't bank on it .

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

Three years left. Signed 5 years Summer 2017. Dawson signed for three years at the same time so this will be his last year.

5 hours ago, cowl said:

Strange thing is that despite being the third keeper he only played 9 games for the U23's last season.  The likes of the now released McCulloch played a lot more games.