Kadeem Harris

7 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Is there another internet forum as bipolar as Owlstalk?! 

He's free

He's a good age

He's quick

He's versatile 

He's spoken highly of by previous clubs fans

The pros far outweigh the cons but lets have a moan anyway! 

It would be boring if everyone had the same view wouldn't it.

I think its a good signing on a free. Addresses pace in wide area, and its the best we'll get in our current financial state. Also finally can totally trust Bruce with signings unlike our previous clowns in charge.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

It would be boring if everyone had the same view wouldn't it.

I think its a good signing on a free. Addresses pace in wide area, and its the best we'll get in our current financial state. Also finally can totally trust Bruce with signings unlike our previous clowns in charge.

If warnocchio has improved him, then for me a good piece of buisness. 

Though from what I "had" seen of him, he reminded me of Jeremy Helan. 

Pace, but erratic on the ball. Also poor decision making along with a lack of a tangible end product all too often. Therefore the question is how tactically rigid or flexible Bruce wants us to be, as to weather it would work or not.? 

Edited by shezzas left peg

18 hours ago, Plonk said:

Yes but the Cardiff fans dont want rid of Harris from what I’ve seen. Colin getting some stick for letting him go 

And look how good Tom Lees worked out! Guy needs a chance regardless of what opposition fans say!

One thing is certain. tt's a complete waste of money buying speedy wingers unless the rest of the team speed up their way of thinking. 

For many years now, we have been a REactive team instead of a preactive team. Our idea has been, or so it seems, to be to receive the ball,  think what to do with it, then move. This leads to slow football. we wait until a man has got into position instead of the receiver anticipating the up-coming move. This means that a winger can out-pace the forwards.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

One thing is certain. tt's a complete waste of money buying speedy wingers unless the rest of the team speed up their way of thinking. 

For many years now, we have been a REactive team instead of a preactive team. Our idea has been, or so it seems, to be to receive the ball,  think what to do with it, then move. This leads to slow football. we wait until a man has got into position instead of the receiver anticipating the up-coming move. This means that a winger can out-pace the forwards.  

We aint had Bruce for years though have we ?

4 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Edited by AwokenGiant

On 27/06/2019 at 18:42, shezzas left peg said:

If warnocchio has improved him, then for me a good piece of buisness. 

Though from what I "had" seen of him, he reminded me of Jeremy Helan. 

Pace, but erratic on the ball. Also poor decision making along with a lack of a tangible end product all too often. Therefore the question is how tactically rigid or flexible Bruce wants us to be, as to weather it would work or not.? 

What I would say about that for what ever weaknesses Jeremy Helan had this squad could hold a player or two like him for the only reason he had electric pace that our squad doesn’t have. As frustrating as it may have been to watch at times it got us in the right areas and pinned teams back we haven’t had this since him and JJ left and for all the talent we have in our squad sometimes we just need pace. I’d imagine JJ or Helan in this team would look 5 times the player they was when they was with us

If we look at the man city blue print.

The enforcer - Fernandinho 

The brains - B Silva, De Bruyne, D Silva, Foden 

The athletes - Sterling, Sane, Mahrez 

Enforcer - We can see Hutchinson won't play enough games, Pelupessy isn't good enough to feature.

Brains - Lee is a complete mystery, Bannan will be a constant performer. 

The athletes - Forestieri is a concern, Matias at present is a big loss, Harris will hopefully fit nicely. Reach hopefully continues to impress

Lets hope Bruce knows it and has money to spend.

Edited by bigash_swfc

4 hours ago, fpowl said:

What I would say about that for what ever weaknesses Jeremy Helan had this squad could hold a player or two like him for the only reason he had electric pace that our squad doesn’t have. As frustrating as it may have been to watch at times it got us in the right areas and pinned teams back we haven’t had this since him and JJ left and for all the talent we have in our squad sometimes we just need pace. I’d imagine JJ or Helan in this team would look 5 times the player they was when they was with us

Disagree . Helan was dire . Couldn’t control a ball to save his life 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

Still had pace and that’s an outlet and a recovery 

you gain ten yards with that in your locker 

18 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Still had pace and that’s an outlet and a recovery 

you gain ten yards with that in your locker 

Until he fell over his own feet or ran out out for a throw in . Guy was never a footballer . Dreadful player . 

Agreed with the point your making though , pace certainly kills 

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

Have to agree with you on this. If he had 10 yards of grass in front of him ( and no defender )then he would carry us up the pitch.

But people who always laugh at Lukaku's close control clearly never saw Jeremy Helan play.

On 27/06/2019 at 14:18, sheffield_dave said:

The lack of pace in this squad has been our downfall for years. I think there is a remarkably obvious example of your exact point there in the home semi final against Huddersfield. Sometimes you just need a release valve. Someone who can just bolt after it and get you 50 yards up and out of your own 20 yard line. As daft as it sounds, I think if we had Jermaine Johnson - or someone of the same ilk - to bring on for the last 20 minutes of that Huddersfield game then we win it and go into a final against Reading.

Even if Harris is a one trick pony, it's one trick we've missed for four years and in my opinion has probably cost us promotion.

Cos we'd have spent the last 20 minutes sending the ball boys up Penistone Road looking for balls.