Kadeem Harris

Why do we all seem so surprised, and often negative, about our signing players so surprisingly?

We always seem to thinks we should be shouting to the world our interest in Player X.

This isn't the way business is done. To publicly claim that we MUST have Player X simply pushes up his price and invites other clubs interest. That's not the way to do business. 

For once, can we give him a proper SW welcome, and not be on  his back from Minute 1, expecting him to be able to walk on water.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

This from a very knowledgeable Cardiff friend of mine... 

No he did his knee ligaments the season before last which stopped him in his tracks and he missed half that season & the start of the promotion one, by that time NML was flying for us so he never got a look in after, he clearly had a sulk & rubbed Warnock the wrong way, he was pretty much fit last year but only had a few run outs, MOM at home to Fulham though.. 

So to recap, he’s been fit for a while, has pace to burn and doesn’t get on with Colin. It’s a yes for me!! 

Impossible to understand how anyone could fail to get along with Colin.

• Haha 3

I don't know too much about him apart from that he's pretty rapid, and sometimes that's all that is required to push the opposition back 5-10 yards so they don't get caught pushing too far up.  This is the 5-10 yards of space that Bannan craves to get his head up, that Hooper used to drop into, that Kieran Lee drifts into, that will allow Fletcher to back into his marker, that allows Reach to find himself 25 yards out with his left peg getting twitchy.  Some teams have a rapid striker, same outcome.  Some have it in a strong runner from midfield, same outcome.  Some have it at full back, same outcome.  Sometimes all a team needs is the threat of pace to allow all the other elements of the team to perform better. 

This season, we may have that plan B we all craved.  If a team comes at us, they now run the risk of getting caught in behind.  If they sit off, they run the risk of Reach, Lee, Fletcher, Bannan or FF doing some serious damage with the extra space.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

And the opposite aswell.  Look how excited we all got when we signed Abdi. He turned out to be one of our worst signings in recent years ever.

Changed.:Sid:

Others beat me to it.

Edited by prowl
  • Haha 2

At the moment we basically only have one winger in Reach.  I'm sure by the end of the transfer window Bruce will want to have 4 (or maybe 3+ Nando) to choose from and each of those will play some games throughout the season.  In picking up these players we can't spend loads of money and need to prioritise pace in at least a couple of them.

With that context understood Harris seems a perfect signing and could prove a bargain.

Those moaning about it need to give alternative names that are actually plausible signings or STFU in my view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Didn't Leeds fans want rid of Tom Lees?

Anyway don't know anything about him, sounds like we have signed this guy rather than Arrons.

Lets see what he can do!

Now lets go get Hector!

Yes but the Cardiff fans dont want rid of Harris from what I’ve seen. Colin getting some stick for letting him go 

3 hours ago, spike1867 said:

I don't know too much about him apart from that he's pretty rapid, and sometimes that's all that is required to push the opposition back 5-10 yards so they don't get caught pushing too far up.  This is the 5-10 yards of space that Bannan craves to get his head up, that Hooper used to drop into, that Kieran Lee drifts into, that will allow Fletcher to back into his marker, that allows Reach to find himself 25 yards out with his left peg getting twitchy.  Some teams have a rapid striker, same outcome.  Some have it in a strong runner from midfield, same outcome.  Some have it at full back, same outcome.  Sometimes all a team needs is the threat of pace to allow all the other elements of the team to perform better. 

This season, we may have that plan B we all craved.  If a team comes at us, they now run the risk of getting caught in behind.  If they sit off, they run the risk of Reach, Lee, Fletcher, Bannan or FF doing some serious damage with the extra space.

Agree with all of this, except the last paragraph.

We’ve struggled time and time again to break teams down, when they’ve dropped off, with the same aforementioned players.  

Edited by AwokenGiant

3 hours ago, spike1867 said:

I don't know too much about him apart from that he's pretty rapid, and sometimes that's all that is required to push the opposition back 5-10 yards so they don't get caught pushing too far up. 

The lack of pace in this squad has been our downfall for years. I think there is a remarkably obvious example of your exact point there in the home semi final against Huddersfield. Sometimes you just need a release valve. Someone who can just bolt after it and get you 50 yards up and out of your own 20 yard line. As daft as it sounds, I think if we had Jermaine Johnson - or someone of the same ilk - to bring on for the last 20 minutes of that Huddersfield game then we win it and go into a final against Reading.

Even if Harris is a one trick pony, it's one trick we've missed for four years and in my opinion has probably cost us promotion.

• Like 1