Northampton mini

In the Wilko era @nevthelodgemoorowland I hitch-hiked to aways and once got picked up by 3 fans in an old mini on our way to a night cup game at Portman Road with still around 75 miles to go.

Neither Nev nor I were built like a rake. It was intimate. Us Brits are supposed to hate knee-contact. That night we were sat on each other’s knee.

...and the feckin ref cut us off at the knee allowing an offside winner in a 3-2 defeat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nut said:

I remember it well, poopydoo Alan Sunderland. Mick Lyons scored a header from the edge of the box or so it seemed. 

Thats the one.

On the subject of long distance headers....

When Kendall’s Everton mullered us 1-5 at Hillsboro one night, Linekar scored a magnificent header from a Stevens cross. I was at the other end on the Kop. Anyone who was at the other end, how far out was Linekar? Seemed like edge of box from my end!

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Thats the one.

On the subject of long distance headers....

When Kendall’s Everton mullered us 1-5 at Hillsboro one night, Linekar scored a magnificent header from a Stevens cross. I was at the other end on the Kop. Anyone who was at the other end, how far out was Linekar? Seemed like edge of box from my end!

It was about 20 yards but Carlton Palmer trumped that with his own 25 yard + looping header at Goodison  in a crimbo time match.

19 hours ago, Holmowl said:

In the Wilko era @nevthelodgemoorowland I hitch-hiked to aways and once got picked up by 3 fans in an old mini on our way to a night cup game at Portman Road with still around 75 miles to go.

Neither Nev nor I were built like a rake. It was intimate. Us Brits are supposed to hate knee-contact. That night we were sat on each other’s knee.

...and the feckin ref cut us off at the knee allowing an offside winner in a 3-2 defeat.

Me and a mate had a similar experience.......we were thumbing it to Peterborough for an all nighter, sadly my mate was wearing a tartan bomber jacket and we got picked up by 3 jocks in a mini who were on their way to Wembley.

We managed to cram ourselves in, but as soon as they realised their mistake they kicked us out, it was 1977 when they tore the goalposts down........can't help thinking whilst typing that. where the hell did 42 years go......sigh.

• Haha 2

On 27/06/2019 at 04:38, Holmowl said:

FA Cup 5th Round 1985, if my memory serves me correctly.

• Thanks 1