Germany Trip - Lubeck

13 hours ago, owl-zat said:

Looking at flights for 4 of us at the moment into Hamburg Thursday and home Monday.

People planning on staying in Lubeck and Kiel might be interested to know that Hamburg are playing Anderlecht on the Saturday if you fancy an extra game and new ground to visit.

How much are people paying for hotels?

If money plays a part then it’s a lot cheaper to fly into Bremen than it is direct to Hamburg. Hotel when we booked was about 75 per night for a double/twin. 

Cheers for the info on the Hamburg game. Will probably go to that as I’ve done St Pauli but not Hamburg before. 

11 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You guys are incredible

Going to all this trouble for pre season friendlies in another country

I take my hat off to each and everyone of you

We have some amazing supporters

Pre season tours are just an excuse for us to go over there and have a good wee wee up and holiday, the football isn't really that exciting. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Pre season tours are just an excuse for us to go over there and have a good wee wee up and holiday, the football isn't really that exciting. 

It must feel great when you're a player and you walk out onto a pitch somewhere in Europe and you see loads of Wednesdayites there

The game is irrelevant really

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Manwithastick

My pre-season tour days are over. Had some laughs on a few Holland trips - was it Deventer where we played Go Ahead Eagles and they kicked off after the game?

Tommy Spurr was injured and had to play waterboy for the squad. Brian Laws 'interpreter' was straight from Amsterdam's red light district:biggrin:

10 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

haha WOW!

Reminds me of when my brother moved back to England like a month before we played Kaiserslautern away in the early 90's, he lived in between there and Stuttgart, missed me free digs!! 

That was when the Owls fans were humming the Dambusters tune wasn't it?  Yet they still want to keep us in Europe  I wonder why?

1 minute ago, dumboldowl said:

That was when the Owls fans were humming the Dambusters tune wasn't it?  Yet they still want to keep us in Europe  I wonder why?

If you think the average German has any idea what the Dambusters theme is.  You are living in some kind of parallel universe.

On 26/06/2019 at 17:15, northeastowl said:

Where you staying? There’s 3 of us staying at the Baseler Hof which is next to the train station. There’s quite a few on my twitter going so I reckon there will be a fair few of us out there.

Staying at the "H+ Hotel"
There seems to be a few bars near the station. Could be a good starting place to meet on Sat morning. 

Wouldn't mind a little nose around the City and bar crawl around there,  before walking up to the stadium. 

On 26/06/2019 at 20:17, Freiburgowl said:

I'll be driving up from Freiburg for the Kiel game. Only 8 & a half hours each way! :biggrin:

The wife’s sister is moving to Freiburg in September for a year for Uni. Is it easy enough to get tickets for the games there as I’ve noticed it’s only a really small stadium?  Will probably go over 2/3 times. 

42 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

The wife’s sister is moving to Freiburg in September for a year for Uni. Is it easy enough to get tickets for the games there as I’ve noticed it’s only a really small stadium?  Will probably go over 2/3 times. 

I've never had any problems getting tickets, but it usually means waiting outside the ground a few hours before kick off for someone who has a spare, because 9/10 it's a sell out. I went to Bayern & Leipzig in the past seasons & never paid more than €16. It really shows up the ticket prices at home! It's a lovely, old, traditional stadium & the upcoming season is the last one at this ground, before they move a new 35,000 one

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Moving to Germany for a year this summer - unfortunately a fortnight after we play our last game there :mad:

How dare the club not structure their pre-season around my personal schedule.

Where you moving to Groundhopper?

On 27/06/2019 at 19:21, dumboldowl said:

No we didn't hum it. We belted it out!!

Edited by OWL1969