Revised Membership Structure - Packages On Sale Now

5 hours ago, adamnich said:

What does this mean?

"£5 discount off all home league match tickets, save Category G fixtures" 

Save is an old fashioned term meaning "but or except for" . Milord Snooty must be moonlighting in the media

department. 

WTF:

49 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Isn't the £50 the same price as the Silver membership last season - with the same benefits?

Genuinely can't remember.

Just had a quick look, and the new bits seemingly added this year are:

• Double discount– save £10 on two select fixtures (only Gold Members got this)
• Minimum of one ‘Members Day’ where all Adult Members tickets are £10 (only Gold Members got this)
• 5 WednesdayCard points per pound spent on official merchandise in-store - equivalent to 5% discount on non-sale items (replaces a voucher for the Club Shop for up to £45 of savings)
• Priority period to purchase a 2020/21 Season Ticket
• Regular e-newsletters
• Free entry into Under-23 games at Hillsborough

I wonder how many of the gold memberships they sold last season at 100 a pop? someone in shop told me none 36-48 hours after they went on sale ,so im guessing maybe less than a 100 were sold, I also think because of the fiasco that the standard memberships were well down on previous seasons, at least the club has corrected this for this season, I get the feeling that we might have a shirt fiasco again ,last season they were many upset supporters who couldn't get they kids the shirts what they promised them at owls in the park ,they were only the £100 shirts and your kids shirts available ,if you have 10000 attending owls in the park you want to maximise revenue , if everything is on sale a killing can be made. its possible this Jenkins guy could have stopped us from fetching the kit out and other stuff this sunday because of the trademark row ,regards wawaw . 

8 hours ago, Sonny said:

There must be something to get outraged about here. Personally I would have phrased a couple of things differently but I still understand what each point means. Stay focused and keep searching folks.

I found something:

8 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Aving sum ov that.

Save a few quid on the tickets I have to get from the ticket office.

But priority for play offs tickets worth the £50 alone for me.

9 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Worth it for priority play off tickets

Two references to the benefits of membership in relation to play-off tickets priority - absolutely no value in this as we all know top 2 is nailed on! lol  

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I found something:

Two references to the benefits of membership in relation to play-off tickets priority - absolutely no value in this as we all know top 2 is nailed on! lol  

Serious lack of ambition from the club and all fans. Absolutely bloody typical.

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

I wonder how many of the gold memberships they sold last season at 100 a pop? someone in shop told me none 36-48 hours after they went on sale ,so im guessing maybe less than a 100 were sold, I also think because of the fiasco that the standard memberships were well down on previous seasons, at least the club has corrected this for this season, I get the feeling that we might have a shirt fiasco again ,last season they were many upset supporters who couldn't get they kids the shirts what they promised them at owls in the park ,they were only the £100 shirts and your kids shirts available ,if you have 10000 attending owls in the park you want to maximise revenue , if everything is on sale a killing can be made. its possible this Jenkins guy could have stopped us from fetching the kit out and other stuff this sunday because of the trademark row ,regards wawaw . 

That's the spirit. 

Let's concentrate on last year's issues and speculate on possible future ones rather than anything good that's actually happening now.

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

You're the sort of person who pops to Asda with your weekly shopping list who secretly hopes they've run out of summat so you can kick off about it on Facebook when you get home.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, londonowl said:

I refused to buy them last season for me or the kids and even once the "silver membership" was announed I didn't change because I had already decided I wasn't getting them for the season on a point of principle! Meant that we missed 2 or 3 away games we would have gone to but also felt like a season where we really weren't involved.

I know it's only a membership but for those of us that just can't get to enough games for a ST, it still gives a sense of being part of the club.

I still think £50 is too much for what it is but that's what we paid year before last and with kids at £20 each, £90 for 3 of us is fine so will be rejoining this year.

Bit by bit, the schemes and ideas that make people feel like they are being taken advantage of are falling by the wayside and the announcements that make people go 'WTF' are getting rarer which has to be an indication that at least 'lessons are being learnt'.

Totally agree and was in same boat, refusing to buy on principle last year after the way it was presented.  Also think its still a bit steep, but I will be buying for me and the kids this year.  Think we'd sell more at half this level, but in terms of income (rather than attracting most fans) we'll raise more this way.

Also approve of the simplicity this year, but don't understand why there are two junior membership categories (u11 and 11-16) which have identical benefits.  Fine if priced differently (which they should be) or they have different benefits, but as they don't would be better keep super clear with just Adult and Junior levels.  We had the same split last year, but as far as I remember they were priced differently.

Heading in the right direction, which it hasn't felt like for quite a while. UTO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PortlandOwl said:

£50 still too much.

I dunno, it seems fair enough to me.

Saving a fiver per game means it pays for itself for anyone who attends ten or more matches, and when you factor in the two double discount matches plus the £10 'members day', it's easy enough to make it worthwhile even for a semi-regular supporter.

When you consider that it also buys you priority over general sale in case of any potential big matches, it's in the right ballpark as far as I can see.