Steve Bruce wanted by Newcastle................rumour

1 hour ago, striker said:

Think Moyes will get the Newcastle job; available, reasonably big name and kept WHU in the Premier League.

That looks very likely to me. My first thought was Jose because of past links, interest and Bobby Robson, that I mentioned in a previous post in the thread. However, it's unlikely Jose would take it unless they get taken over or they give him some sort of assurance that they will keep him when they do eventually get taken over? Moyes is another one like Jose, who they were close to getting. If the take over isn't happening soon, then I could see them bringing in Moyes or some other experienced out of work manager as a possible stop gap, until they get taken over?

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Well we know exactly what you would do in that situation then. I’d run a mile from working with Mike Ashley, home town or not, and would prefer to challenge for promotion in the Championship than struggle against relegation in the Premiership. Neither of us are Steve Bruce though so who knows what his drives and ambitions are.  

Rafa managed 3 years under Ashley, so the gig can't be as bad as the media would claim it to be.

And if we don't get our house in order quickly, there won't be any "challenge for promotion" for us I'm afraid!

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Rafa managed 3 years under Ashley, so the gig can't be as bad as the media would claim it to be.

And if we don't get our house in order quickly, there won't be any "challenge for promotion" for us I'm afraid!

I think all evidence points towards Rafa finding it very difficult to work for Mike Ashley, three years or not. Regardless, that’s not got very much to do with whether I would want to work for him, or you, or Bruce. That’s the point.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

I think all evidence points towards Rafa finding it very difficult to work for Mike Ashley, three years or not. Regardless, that’s not got very much to do with whether I would want to work for him, or you, or Bruce. That’s the point.

It's about putting up with Mike Ashley as you say that would be your first reason not to go there if you was Bruce. If a world class manager like Rafa can handle 3 years, then Bruce - who would be taking by far and away his biggest job if he went there - I'm sure would struggle on if needs be.

But we'll never know anyway as Newcastle won't be in for Bruce - thankfully, from our point of view.

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

It's about putting up with Mike Ashley as you say that would be your first reason not to go there if you was Bruce. If a world class manager like Rafa can handle 3 years, then Bruce - who would be taking by far and away his biggest job if he went there - I'm sure would struggle on if needs be.

But we'll never know anyway as Newcastle won't be in for Bruce - thankfully, from our point of view.

Well if you’re sure about what Bruce thinks about stuff then that’s great. I personally don’t have any idea.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Well if you’re sure about what Bruce thinks about stuff then that’s great. I personally don’t have any idea.

Educated guess. I can't think of many managers who have turned down a big Premier League club to stay at a Championship club in our current state. In fact, I can't think of many managers who have turned down the chance to move from the Championship to the Premier League full stop. So, on balance of probabilities, I'll let you do the maths.

But as I said, it's a moot point anyway as it's also unlikely Newcastle will be in for Bruce.

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Educated guess. I can't think of many managers who have turned down a big Premier League club to stay at a Championship club in our current state. In fact, I can't think of many managers who have turned down the chance to move from the Championship to the Premier League full stop. So, on balance of probabilities, I'll let you do the maths.

But as I said, it's a moot point anyway as it's also unlikely Newcastle will be in for Bruce.

I’ll leave the maths to Bruce (and you, as you’re sure). As I keep saying, I don’t know Bruce and wouldn’t question his ambition or drive on the back of not knowing him or how he feels about managing Newcastle. You can if you want but hopefully you’ll soon start to see that you’re not going to have much joy persuading me otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I’ll leave the maths to Bruce (and you, as you’re sure). As I keep saying, I don’t know Bruce and wouldn’t question his ambition or drive on the back of not knowing him or how he feels about managing Newcastle. You can if you want but hopefully you’ll soon start to see that you’re not going to have much joy persuading me otherwise.

Because that is my ambition for today, I've nothing better to do! lol

20 hours ago, marshy said:

Despite money talking, I'd like to think maybe naively so, Bruce would do the honourable thing and stay. Given that we wanted him, were prepared to wait, and gave him what he needed.

Keep dreaming. Bruce would throw himself at the chance and rightly so

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

No wonder the likes of Moyes and Monk being mentioned. Probably will be someone like that but they probably won't be there long, depending upon them getting taken over.

If that's true you would think its to control costs, so probably someone without a club.