Steve Bruce wanted by Newcastle................rumour

2 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

This is the kind of rumour that the Star Comic revels in.

I'd wet myself if they had to report that Wilder was in contention.

Been rewatching Thick of It recently, someone should post the Wilder rumour on twitter, get some heat generated then watch the local journos run with it. 

We could single-handedly get the man a new job and help sink the pigs survival hopes in an afternoon. Classic Tucker.

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I don’t want Bruce to leave and I don’t think he will but if he does then fair play, it’s his childhood club after all. 

That’s what I’m thinking. Guess he also has family that live up there. Praying nothing comes of it though. I really do think he is the man to finally get us back in the Premiership. 

7 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

If another employer offered to at least double your salary it would be very hard to resist. 

He has no history at our club so as an employee why would he have loyalty to us? 

What could play into our favour, is the way DC showed respect in waiting patiently whilst Bruce rightly took time off after losing both his parents. Reading into comments by Bruce and his son, it seems that meant a lot to them. Although, I think Newcastle will go elsewhere for their man, it highlights to me how lucky we were to get Bruce when we did? Many clubs at this level and lower Prem would love a manager like Bruce. I'd like to think he'd like to get the job done here.

Edited by The Night-Owl

Bruce has a history of job hopping, there is correctly no loyalty in football management ( we would want him out if we lost 10 on the bounce and the football was rubbish)

This is also his hometown club, in the Premier league, on more money.

Absolute no brainer for Bruce if he's offered it.

40 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Bruce has a history of job hopping, there is correctly no loyalty in football management ( we would want him out if we lost 10 on the bounce and the football was rubbish)

This is also his hometown club, in the Premier league, on more money.

Absolute no brainer for Bruce if he's offered it.

Lets hope they don’t offer him it then. I agree with you if he was offered it he would take it. 

33 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Lets hope they don’t offer him it then. I agree with you if he was offered it he would take it. 

Of course he would; home town club, Premier League, treble his salary.

If he was offered it and didn't take it, I'd seriously question his drive and ambition to be honest.

All that said, I very much doubt Newcastle will be interested in Bruce; he's not done much at the top level as a manager and he'd cost them compensation.