Jamal Lowe

Live on the south coast and watched him a couple of times ... 24 years old , quick ,direct on the right wing , scores goals .only 1 year left on contract at Pompey , just told club he wants out .in my opinion just what we need . What you lot think 

Seen him a few times, pacey, direct like you say and would be just what we need.

His finishing as improved loads recently as well. I would think there would be a queue of clubs if he became available. 

I'd imagine the fee would 3/4 million. So might be out of our price range. But yes if we could some how get him, i'd take him.

Guest wilyfox

I like Lowe & Curtis at Pompey. Either or both would be good signings, but big bucks for league one players. For whatever reason, we're not a club that tries that route under Chansiri. 

Never seen him play but if I was to take a gamble on a league one player, it'd be Marcus Maddison.

Obviously pricey but looking at his style of play, he'd have us on the edge of our seats from 30 yards out everytime he has the ball. 

Most assists in the football league with 16, 8 goals aswell last season from midfield.

Steve Bruce might also know the peterborough manager quite well, Darren Ferguson

Edited by bigash_swfc

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

Never seen him play but if I was to take a gamble on a league one player, it'd be Marcus Maddison.

Obviously pricey but looking at his style of play, he'd have us on the edge of our seats from 30 yards out everytime he has the ball. 

Most assists in the football league with 16, 8 goals aswell last season from midfield.

He is a talent. Felt he shot himself in the foot signing new contract previously. Albeit with a release clause, but it's probably quite high in Peterborough's favour. One year remaining, but I get the impression champ clubs won't pay the price of taking a chance on him. 

I live in Pompey. I've spoken to one or two about him and they're all confident he would step up pretty well.

That said, they just got £5million for Matt Clarke and if they want that sort of money for Lowe then they can get it from some other mug.

I would like the club to go after lower league players who have been scouted and could potentially take the step up. I think with all the experience we already have in the team it would be a good club to come to and make an impact for a younger player. Rather this type of signing compared to loan signings or portugese super liga players. Plus a much better re-sale value if they come good under us. But i fear that the fee they want we can't give them because of FFP and all the money we spent on Rhodes, Van Aken, Jones and Abdi. But hopefully under Bruce we sign more players like Lowe in the future once all them contracts and fees have been moved off the books.

10 hours ago, George said:

I live in Pompey. I've spoken to one or two about him and they're all confident he would step up pretty well.

That said, they just got £5million for Matt Clarke and if they want that sort of money for Lowe then they can get it from some other mug.

Very much doubt that £5M for Clarke is all up front.

On 24/06/2019 at 12:08, Craig enock said:

Live on the south coast and watched him a couple of times ... 24 years old , quick ,direct on the right wing , scores goals .only 1 year left on contract at Pompey , just told club he wants out .in my opinion just what we need . What you lot think 

JLo(we) eh?!! - should be good at the singing inauguration, at least.