BREAKING NEWS - Portugal and Germany pre-season

2 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Rotherham Owls Air Charter Special then ?

VERA.jpg

Don't be ridiculous Parkers!!!

There's roughly 10 millions quids worth there and ballpark figure of 8 grand per flying hour to keep it in the air ...

There's absolutely no way Rotherham Owls could afford that expenditure ....

Unless Mycroft is bankrolling the set up ?

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

There's roughly 10 millions quids worth there and ballpark figure of 8 grand per flying hour to keep it in the air ...

Probably been fiddling football card again

WBA again FFS

:Chansiri:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

We have a very healthy bank balance, which is run by the democratically elected committee (just because they bought me pint is not the reason I voted for them).

We have nothing but the highest quality coaches and if you keep well wrapped up in the winter up you can almost believe the heater is on.  You get used to the smell from the loo (bucket) after a few seasons. 

Seriously it's a well run club has been going for around twenty years, committed to keep the prices as low as possible and has never failed to get us to the game on time.  

We do run regular trips to away games.  So if you live in the Rotherham area its worth giving it a go.  

Once we get to Europe we will be hiring Lancaster bombers.

9 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

We have a very healthy bank balance, which is run by the democratically elected committee (just because they bought me pint is not the reason I voted for them).

We have nothing but the highest quality coaches and if you keep well wrapped up in the winter up you can almost believe the heater is on.  You get used to the smell from the loo (bucket) after a few seasons. 

Seriously it's a well run club has been going for around twenty years, committed to keep the prices as low as possible and has never failed to get us to the game on time.  

We do run regular trips to away games.  So if you live in the Rotherham area its worth giving it a go.  

Once we get to Europe we will be hiring Lancaster bombers.

WBA wins .......

• Haha 1

On 22/06/2019 at 19:16, peacock1961 said:

just got 2 flights brum to Hamburg £160 each, Friday morning coming back Monday. 

flybe

On 22/06/2019 at 20:29, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Fly-may-be... last 3 flights I’ve had with Flybe have been cancelled on the day!

Flew to Hamburg from Brum last year with Flybe.

Damn thing was a Turbo prop, the one with propellers, we made it though. 

Good luck Peacock and check the plane's elastic band.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Does one run into the other ? Its the one nearest town. People just sweeping crap out of shops onto path. An air of decay and seediness . wouldnt want to walk round there in dark.

Definitely sounds like Eastwood, I wouldn't let my dog out on its own down there. Probably get eaten by scrubbers from other side of Europe that's moved in there, even Asians that have lived there for years don't like em. 

East Dene is 99% English without wanting to sound racist. :tango:

Looking at these German teams they appear to be in a regional league so not sure what standard they are , probably non league compared to here , I've never heard of either team.

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Looking at these German teams they appear to be in a regional league so not sure what standard they are , probably non league compared to here , I've never heard of either team.

In between matches, Rotherham Owls are taking a coach to Harsewinkel and Wankendorf. 

7 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Flew to Hamburg from Brum last year with Flybe.

Damn thing was a Turbo prop, the one with propellers, we made it though. 

Good luck Peacock and check the plane's elastic band.

Flybe’s entire fleet is now 100% turboprop 

Wife's birthday weekend and already have tramlines tickets so am a bit gutted to not be able to go. 

Have actually been to Lubeck twice, the Holstentor is a must see and it's not far from the train station. Train to Lubeck is about an hour tops, and it's not a crappy Northern Rail pacer train either... Lubeck is popular in Germany for it's Marzipan, and there are dozens of shops devoted to the stuff. 

Beer should be relatively cheap up there, and if you're in Hamburg, and you do happen to visit the Reeperbahn, you can drink on the street there, so grab yourself a bottle of Astra at one end, and get ready to 'enjoy' the sights. Club Molotow is at one end and frequently has live bands on from UK/America. 

You can also fly to Bremen from London Stansted (and it's much cheaper than flights to Hamburg). Bremen is about 60km south of Hamburg.

First flight on Friday morning now £68  was £30 when I booked...Thursday morning still available at £15.

Flights back from Bremen on Monday night about £20...

Be aware - don't book a Sunday night flight back from Bremen (unless you plan to leave the game well early).

Stay outside of Lubeck, Kiel & Hamburg for the cheapest hotel deals.

Train travel (local trains only) will cost €24 for the day using a Niedersachsen lander (travel after 9am). Covers local transport (inc. Bus, tram, train & underground).

Price goes up by €5 for every extra person added to the ticket (2 travelling together €29, 3 travelling €34)..

Don't forget you are encouraged to drink beer in the stands at german football grounds.

Smoking is also permitted in football grounds (not allowed on public transport) and just about every bar have smoking areas indoors.

Ground at Lubeck is a 20 minute walk from the central station.

Ground at Kiel is a 20 minute bus ride away (45 to 50 minutes walk) and given its is a friendly and on a Sunday - I doubt the normal matchday bus service will be in place.

Holstein-Kiel game will be using VAR - as this is the test game before this is introduced into Bundesliga 2 for the first time this year

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, bigsuffolkowl said:

You can also fly to Bremen from London Stansted (and it's much cheaper than flights to Hamburg). Bremen is about 60km south of Hamburg.

First flight on Friday morning now £68  was £30 when I booked...Thursday morning still available at £15.

Flights back from Bremen on Monday night about £20...

Be aware - don't book a Sunday night flight back from Bremen (unless you plan to leave the game well early).

Stay outside of Lubeck, Kiel & Hamburg for the cheapest hotel deals.

Train travel (local trains only) will cost €24 for the day using a Niedersachsen lander (travel after 9am). Covers local transport (inc. Bus, tram, train & underground).

Price goes up by €5 for every extra person added to the ticket (2 travelling together €29, 3 travelling €34)..

Don't forget you are encouraged to drink beer in the stands at german football grounds.

Smoking is also permitted in football grounds (not allowed on public transport) and just about every bar have smoking areas indoors.

Ground at Lubeck is a 20 minute walk from the central station.

Ground at Kiel is a 20 minute bus ride away (45 to 50 minutes walk) and given its is a friendly and on a Sunday - I doubt the normal matchday bus service will be in place.

Holstein-Kiel game will be using VAR - as this is the test game before this is introduced into Bundesliga 2 for the first time this year

We are booked onto those two flights. Prices seem to be going up pretty quickly so must be a few booking up. 

On 22/06/2019 at 11:45, Ever the pessimist said:

VAMAV

Ve’re all Mitwoch Aren’t Ve

On 22/06/2019 at 14:18, Pablo Bonvin said:

Stick that, Jennings!

Too bleeding' late, he trademarked it yesterday!

On 22/06/2019 at 17:30, roaminowl said:

Affectionately know as Wobbly (for obvious reasons) to the military community over there.

Woah, careful, three of them and you'll all start marching towards Poland!

Heard today that we're playing Borussia Dortmund 27th July at home, anyone else heard this?

I've looked at Dortmund's list of friendlies and they don't have a fixture that weekend at moment so maybe something will be announced in coming days.

9 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Heard today that we're playing Borussia Dortmund 27th July at home, anyone else heard this?

I've looked at Dortmund's list of friendlies and they don't have a fixture that weekend at moment so maybe something will be announced in coming days.

They're playing Udinese on the 27th.