BREAKING NEWS - Portugal and Germany pre-season

16 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Not sure what that is but used to have  King or Von Ludwig at Kelham Island about 10 years ago. 

I'm not usually a beer person but this was chuffin' lovely, was white or pale beer and was reyt creamy.

Turned up one night and landlord said they couldn't get it anymore. 

Not been to the pub since. 

Pretty sure they still do King Ludwig - at Kelham Island they do Warsteiner for sure - They do Ludwig at the Queens Head in Town - love German beer - Astra and Holstein are the main beers in Hamburg area -but try the Hofbrauhaus in Hamburg if you haven't been to somewhere like that before 

16 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Not sure what that is but used to have  King or Von Ludwig at Kelham Island about 10 years ago. 

I'm not usually a beer person but this was chuffin' lovely, was white or pale beer and was reyt creamy.

Turned up one night and landlord said they couldn't get it anymore. 

Not been to the pub since. 

King Ludwig is a German Wheat beer, and yeah, it's delicious.

If you like that, if you ever see Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier (isn't that name easy to remember :laugh:) on any shelves, get it. Probably my favourite wheat beer of all time.

image.thumb.png.0defefb12a9c627491b546509f02cd1e.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

FAO anyone going, what’s the best thing to do. Stay in Hamburg then travel up for the matches?

Although Im not going I've traveled to Germany quite a bit and been to Hamburg before - the trains are excellent in Germany so its easy to get about = probably Lubeck or Hamburg are your best bets as you can get to Kiel from Lubeck as well as Hamburg in just over an hour.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Rawmarsh nothing compared to East Dean. Now you are talking squalid. 

It Dene not Dean and there's nowt up with place, miles better than Eastwood which I think you might be getting mixed up with. 

Even that's better than Page Hall.  

18 hours ago, westy365owl said:

Warsteiner is a German larger / beer serve it on draft at sheaf view and three tuns in sheff plus a few more I'm guessing. It's a nice drink just normally a bit pricey 

5L kegs for £10 from B&M bumhole bargains. Only purchased as the latest 70 odd litres of home brew isn’t ready yet.

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

It Dene not Dean and there's nowt up with place, miles better than Eastwood which I think you might be getting mixed up with. 

Even that's better than Page Hall.  

Does one run into the other ? Its the one nearest town. People just sweeping crap out of shops onto path. An air of decay and seediness . wouldnt want to walk round there in dark.