New ownership, £21m more share capital

5 minutes ago, timrud said:

It was reviewed and we decided to bring them back.

But if it creates bullying, we may have another think about it.

See generally they don't create bullying, they actually remove it, because you can just simply press a button if you approve or disagree with someone, instead of arguing about it, which, usually gets out of hand, especially when people have had a few beers. It's just recently some people have taken to negging back on previous posts just for the hell of it. The system is fine, it's just a few take the p*ss

1 minute ago, timrud said:

It was reviewed and we decide to bring them back.

Wouldn't it be fairer to admonish who you believe to be bullying?

I see the one who's crying foul (Roland) has rather enjoyed himself when it comes to neg wars..

2 minutes ago, timrud said:

It was reviewed and we decided to bring them back.

Yeh it can be a downside of negs.

To be fair , Owlstalk isn't too bad these days with bullying as far as I can see. People would rather come on here and have a laugh than chuck shlt around.

I think the dark days were when DA was here and the all round atmosphere at the club was toxic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Yep remove the person who calls out the people abusing other posters, seems like a cracking idea. 

We'll at least you were being fair when you " stopped at -600"..if you want to play silly Billie's then don't come the victim.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Wouldn't it be fairer to admonish who you believe to be bullying?

I see the one who's crying foul (Roland) has rather enjoyed himself when it comes to neg wars..

To be fair I also (cried foul), I too was hounded by a set of posters who didn't like my response to (one of their own), and back negging was a way to teach me a lesson,

it's not always the one complaining who's at fault, they may have justification in complaining.

So to say or imply that it's fair game, hasn't had the fortune of being trolled.

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

A perfect example, sham, constantly belittling everyone who posts who have a small or negative rep, go and check back on his posts, he’s constantly having digs.

you won’t check though it will keep going unchecked, like I said personally I’m a big enough boy to jot care and just give it back, I just don’t like the pack mentality on here when people just abuse the same posters constantly. 

Abuse? Like calling people nobs and other insult's too numerous to mention.

Come off it mate..if you're on the wrong end of a debate (I usually am).. swallow it and come back with a stronger argument.

I'm beggining to think that you just don't like being contradicted.

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

To be fair I also (cried foul), I too was hounded by a set of posters who didn't like my response to (one of their own), and back negging was a way to teach me a lesson,

it's not always the one complaining who's at fault, they may have justification in complaining.

So to say or imply that it's fair game, hasn't had the fortune of being trolled.

Did you report it?

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Yeh the word victim often gets chucked around by bullies when they get called out.

It becomes the next faze of the bullying.

10 or so posters putting pictures up of crying men or whatever.

People join in because to go against it risks them becoming a victim too.

Theres loads on here that get singled out, it’s pathetic. 

You keep saying that the thread needs to get back on topic..and I generally agree.. but it seems that a genuine issue is getting an airing.. which (it being off season) might be a good thing?

Theres loads on here that get singled out, it’s pathetic. 

It's also a reason why new members post a couple of times, get some stick and decide it's not for them, 

we lose another point of view which narrows the extent of any debate.

The whole plus and neg, buttons are divisive, and are in some cases used for bullying, they should be done away with.

Just now, daleblue said:

It's also a reason why new members post a couple of times, get some stick and decide it's not for them, 

The whole plus and neg, buttons are divisive, and are in some cases used for bullying, they should be done away with.

Yeh I've seen that happen many times.

People come on and put some opinions out and get hounded by a mob and never come back.

Could be a bit more welcoming as a community. Best way for that to happen is by calling bullying out so it's no longer 'cool'.

5 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Oh don't say that, last time the negs got removed I was forced to actually respond to halfwits and it never ended well :ph34r:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Usually I would agree, but I very much doubt it will turn out anything other than a warning or ban for me..... look at @timrud comment he’s a mod, not one mention of the singling out that was mentioned by me, and several others and you can see from this being talked about it’s happening to a fair few but most wont and do t say anything. 

I wont change, if I see someone’s being a wee pipe to another person for no reason, online or in person I will call them out for it, that’s me.

if it means me getting a ban then it shows how crap the rules are. 

Meh it is what it is. 

Try the ignore feature.

• Like 1

Usually I would agree, but I very much doubt it will turn out anything other than a warning or ban for me..... look at @timrud comment he’s a mod, not one mention of the singling out that was mentioned by me, and several others and you can see from this being talked about it’s happening to a fair few but most wont and do t say anything. 

I wont change, if I see someone’s being a wee pipe to another person for no reason, online or in person I will call them out for it, that’s me.

if it means me getting a ban then it shows how crap the rules are. 

Meh it is what it is. 

Your a braver man than me, I just don't comment on certain posters, unless I agree with what they say otherwise it's a case of leave well alone.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Try the ignore feature.

I have an extensive ignore list.

Probably why I don't notice bullying as much as I once did.

I don't have to read the abuse chucked at me from good natured old lads like davyboy66 etc.

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Try the ignore feature.

This feature should also be removed.

If you have to hide behind such a thing then this forum is not working as it should be.

And that is properly administered.

Edited by daleblue