Westwood, Palmer , Lee

6 minutes ago, Striggy said:

What Llee does not deserve a new contract cos we brought him back too early after a hip operation and broke him?  Think its the least we can do.  1 year to prove himself, good stuff.

When fit, one of first names on team sheet.

A superb box to box player who can add goals too.

Rumoured to have been given 6 months to prove his fitness & remain injury free and then would be looking at extending the deal..

1 hour ago, gypsyowl said:

This has been the case for a while

Borner, Odubajo & Harris to be confirmed officially next week before they fly to Portugal on 1st July

Bidwell should be confirmed shortly after as well

Hopefully Aneke be number 5 as I like him, the kind of player we should be signing, PACE still needed

Aneke is throw.

ps how the fizz do you know all this?

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Of course you aren't late to the party, only doom and gloom news is reported hot off the press on here. This is a welcome tonic to all those who have been wetting the bed this week.

2 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

Borner, Odubajo & Harris to be confirmed officially next week before they fly to Portugal on 1st July

Hopefully Aneke be number 5 as I like him, the kind of player we should be signing, PACE still needed

Which Bidwell? Barry the old 40 Foot and Gate Landlord he’s trapping on a bit now mind 

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

As expected, but still nice to hear it confirmed. Really hope that Lee can get his career up and running again because he could be exactly the sort of player we have been missing, a midfield dynamo that can add a few goals.

To be honest I would rather it be confirmed by the club than Howson. I know the new contracts start from July 1st but can't see why its not on the official Wednesday site if its only a few days away.

1 hour ago, Striggy said:

Lee deserves another year just for the smile on his face when he came on at Preston. If I knew how to post a picture I would put it here just to remind everyone.

Good news on KW and LP too!

Totally agree with you on that point. This is a player who has fought his way back to full fitness and is desperate to get back playing for Wednesday unlike some of the parasites we’ve had at our club over the years. Bruce and the coaches will know this as well as his obvious talent and therefore he was given a new contract. 

I really wish Kieran Lee all the best of luck next season.

Edited by Bouncing Owl
  • Like 1

All good signings. Westwood awesome once he was reinstated. Palmer superb second half of the season, didn’t put a foot wrong. Lee before his injury was one of the best midfield players in the league. If we can get him close to those levels again, we won’t sign anyone better. 

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Brilliant news. Especially Westwood. Personally not sure Lee deserved a new contract but if he can get back fit and play a run of games he is one of the best in the league. Now let’s get some new signings in as well :-)

I'd argue he deserves another contract as compensation for Carlos bringing him back way to early when he was nowhere near fit and threatening his career. 

6 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

If true which I'm sure it is it's very promising that we're getting our business done early.

If we can have the core of the squad training together in pre season from day one it makes a massive difference 

7 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

who's harris ?

Great bit of business keeping these three. 

Westwood - Clear #1 and if we are keeping Wildsmith and Dawson too I'd send Dawson out on loan to a low end Championship or top League One side to get regular games. Especially if he's earmarked to take over from Westwood eventually.

Palmer - When the season starts he may not be first choice RB or LB but what he offers from the bench or as back up is great versatility. He surprised me a little last season so fair play for getting a new contract.

Lee - If he can get anywhere near his old form it would be a massive boost to the club and our midfield especially. I reckon if we could get a full season out of Hutchinson and Lee between them we will have done well. Fingers crossed!

Delighted about Westwood. For me he's our most important player along with Bannan. Palmer was one of our most improved players last season to be fair, hopefully he keeps that up as it will provide competition for places and keep other players on their toes. Didn't expect Lee to be re-signed to be honest, hopefully he can get back to his best because before his injuries he was clearly one of our best players.