Full Squad Review

Not being funny to the OP but i stopped reading after the Dawson comments where it was stated he won't make any mistakes but won't pull off any miracle saves either.

Both statements are wrong imo.

There were quite a few games where he pulled off miracle saves only to be let down by making mistakes.

I know this is a forum about opinions but when someone says tbe opposite of what actually happened then i can't proceed to read the rest. 

Plus the fact we don't know our full squad just yet and things will change upto August and beyond.

I will say this though, we will do just fine this season under SB.

• Like 1

A good summary and interesting reading thanks mate. When you look at the squad, and see it without the key players re-signing it is a big eye opener. It looks like a bottom end of the table squad and it shows the job Bruce has on this preseason. 

BTW - I think Killie will likely want more cash for Findlay. I’m not sure he’s the wisest option but I’ll trust the manager to do the right thing.

28 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

So we could get Charlie Austin for 2m but we want 14m for Forestieri.

:Sid:

Just using figures quoted in articles.  I suspect wages would be the issue with some low £ players.  

3 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Not being funny to the OP but i stopped reading after the Dawson comments where it was stated he won't make any mistakes but won't pull off any miracle saves either.

Both statements are wrong imo.

There were quite a few games where he pulled off miracle saves only to be let down by making mistakes.

I know this is a forum about opinions but when someone says tbe opposite of what actually happened then i can't proceed to read the rest. 

Plus the fact we don't know our full squad just yet and things will change upto August and beyond.

I will say this though, we will do just fine this season under SB.

I would disagree.   Apart from a couple of performances, Dawson has been steady.  

Saving what he should save but nothing more or less. 

Enjoyed reading that. Thanks OP. For me it is so important we keep Westwood. Bring in a new LB that is first choice and bring some pace and power in midfield. Also be nice to get a new CB in and a 20 goal a season striker :-) 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 hour ago, Bez said:

Think he is a top Championship striker.

Fletcher is a decent player. Has a good touch work ethic and hold up play. Cant play up top on his own and doesn't score enough (this been a problem all his career). He is also on 40 k A WEEK according to Wilder !!!

He had a very good second half to last season. We have lots of forwards on our books. Whilst I am happy with Fletcher seeing out his contract here he should by no means be first name on the team sheet and if we can get someone to take him off our hands we should.

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Fletcher is a decent player. Has a good touch work ethic and hold up play. Cant play up top on his own and doesn't score enough (this been a problem all his career). He is also on 40 k A WEEK according to Wilder !!!

He had a very good second half to last season. We have lots of forwards on our books. Whilst I am happy with Fletcher seeing out his contract here he should by no means be first name on the team sheet and if we can get someone to take him off our hands we should.

My thoughts as well, no other promotion chasing side would have Fletcher spearheading their attack An option from the bench for us, I reckon

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Do you believe anything Wilder says.

I don't.

Good read, don't agree with all the points but a good article. Just on the dream lineup part thought id throw mine in.... going on the Op's list of players mine would be:

Dream Line Up:

Westwood

James

Hector

Thorniley

Lazaar

Odubajo

Hutchinson (C)

Lee/Turnbull

Bannan

Austin

Forestieri