Terry Curran, Superstar.

On 24/03/2020 at 11:19, alanharper said:

There you go - from TC's autobiography:

20200324_111628.thumb.jpg.ffcba6407294c0b839c45adc6b86a4bd.jpg

The picture isn't from that game, as it's not been taken at Hillsborough.

I also seem to recall it being at Ewood Park, as someone else haso stated.

Guest Jack the Hat
On 16/06/2019 at 20:59, parkfieldowl14 said:

The goal at Bumhole Stain was 40 years ago today .my 10th birthday. I was in the Kop!

59 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

The picture isn't from that game, as it's not been taken at Hillsborough.

I also seem to recall it being at Ewood Park, as someone else haso stated.

Eh? Nothing to do with the photo (which was indeed taken at Ewood Park), I posted that for the people debating which game it was when TC went on his knees to head the ball over the line.

It was against Derby at home, and he was already offside so it didn't count anyway. As confirmed by the man himself - although some are still insisting it was the winner at Blackburn, which it wasn't. If it had been a legitimate goal he'd scored like that it'd be the stuff of legend and everybody would remember it (TC would have mentioned it in his book for a start!), it wouldn't just be a few people on here saying they "think" it was the winner at Blackburn! 

• Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat
5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Happy birthday mate, you’ll never have another present like that one.

Cheers!

On 24/03/2020 at 14:51, mildatheart67 said:

He also did it at Hillsboro at the Leppings lane end...no idea who against

I'm pretty sure it was against Colchester and we won 3-1 if my memory serves me well. He rounded several players and the keeper, stopped it on the line and headed it in. His skills made him an opponent's nightmare, and he remains one of my all time greats for us. Wish we had someone like him today.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Eh? Nothing to do with the photo (which was indeed taken at Ewood Park), I posted that for the people debating which game it was when TC went on his knees to head the ball over the line.

It was against Derby at home, and he was already offside so it didn't count anyway. As confirmed by the man himself - although some are still insisting it was the winner at Blackburn, which it wasn't. If it had been a legitimate goal he'd scored like that it'd be the stuff of legend and everybody would remember it (TC would have mentioned it in his book for a start!), it wouldn't just be a few people on here saying they "think" it was the winner at Blackburn! 

Yes, sorry misread it. 

I thought you was replying to where the picture was taken.

My error. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Daz said:

I'm pretty sure it was against Colchester and we won 3-1 if my memory serves me well. He rounded several players and the keeper, stopped it on the line and headed it in. His skills made him an opponent's nightmare, and he remains one of my all time greats for us. Wish we had someone like him today.

No, he rounded the Keeper and definetly thought about, before just walking the ball over the line.

It's on a video I've seen recently, maybe even this thread.

1 minute ago, OWL1969 said:

No, he rounded the Keeper and definetly thought about, before just walking the ball over the line.

It's on a video I've seen recently, maybe even this thread.

Thanks for clarifying! I must be getting the Colchester and Derby games mixed up in my old age 🙂 .The video is in this thread, and you're right, he did seem to think about it  He managed to get one on one with keepers often, and mostly scored too.