Terry Curran, Superstar.

7 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans of a certain age will look at Terry Curran as their first superstar and icon. I loved the guy. 

I remember waiting on numerous occasions in the South Stand car park for Terry to pull in in his sponsored white Toyota (I think) to get his autograph. All the kids seemed to flock to him and followed him right to the players entrance. 

Terry dropped down two divisions to play for his boyhood club, and us fans never forgot that. 

IMO, he reached his iconic status after his antics on BDM and his outrageous goal at t’lane that sent Barry Davis into raptures. 

His partnership with Andy Mac was lethal. 

If you get chance, listen to this long clip that sees Terry talking about his career. His relationships with notable characters in football, his battles with big jack, even though he never fell out with him, and his disdain for Laurie McMenamie. If not, enjoy the photos of a Wednesday legend. 

Jack-Charlton-Terry-Curran.jpg

article-0-0E578B9B00000578-314_468x313.j

post-240-1180764323.jpg

DYtLxzZXkAApen5.jpg

5jz4fk.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm 60 so I had a few heroes before Terry, and what he did for the club he loved shouldn't be forgotten

He dropped down two divisions to come to us when we were pretty dire

Imagine Jamie Vardy dropping from the Premiership to League 1 to take his place in a mediocre squad, and get us promotion

That's what Terry Curran did, and he did it with massive amounts of flair

Terry gave us our pride back

• Like 5

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

So he's only called Terry, cos a journalist got his name wrong.  He's actually called Teddy (Edward)

Why would you let yourself be known as Terry for the rest of your career / life! 

Edited by Rogers

7 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm 60 so I had a few heroes before Terry, and what he did for the club he loved shouldn't be forgotten

He dropped down two divisions to come to us when we were pretty dire

Imagine Jamie Vardy dropping from the Premiership to League 1 to take his place in a mediocre squad, and get us promotion

That's what Terry Curran did, and he did it with massive amounts of flair

Terry gave us our pride back

Curran wasn't getting a game time with Southampton 

Vardy is a top class international player at the top of his game I think it's a poor comparison 

Guest The Claw

Curran, he was the man. Stood on Stainrods toes at bumhole stain. the massive worshiped him when he was sent off at Holdham the lot went..............

I vaguely remember that there was talk that Curran was on standby for the England squad, a rare occasion that a player form the third tier had been called up. The only other player in modern times called up to the full England squad was Peter Taylor who was then playing for Crystal Palace in the old Third Division so even talk of Curran being called up showed how good he was for a couple of seasons.

5 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Curran wasn't getting a game time with Southampton 

Vardy is a top class international player at the top of his game I think it's a poor comparison 

played in the league cup final for saints then told them he was leaving,they offered him more money but he wouldn't change his mind so mcmenamy refused to play him 

58 minutes ago, The Claw said:

Curran, he was the man. Stood on Stainrods toes at bumhole stain. the massive worshiped him when he was sent off at Holdham the lot went..............

Remember it very well.Was there with my uncle when TC got sent off and he went absolutely BALLASTIC and i had to restrain him.WTF: