Alex Bruce Interview

Thanks that was a good read. The pair of them come across as genuinely nice people. I hope we have Bruce as manager for a long period because he's a proper manager and because it means he will be doing ok with us.

7 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

it's an interesting read but you'd think he'd have mentioned the 2005 playoff final and the Wembley one when his Dad was manager of Hull and was so impressed by Owls fans. Or even the 1991 League Cup Final, perhaps not it's a Man Utd site!!

Maybe they had to steer it towards Man Utd & Steve Bruce as opposed to his own career. Makes me feel even more frustrated at some of the comments he got before starting with us 

Great interview. Thanks for sharing.

The section that's most relevant to us is really eye-opening, too. I knew Bruce had had a hard time of it before joining us, but reading that emphasises just how difficult things must have been for him and underlines the character of the man that he took the time he needed before stepping back into football again.

• Like 1

What a great read. Comes across as a great bloke and clearly proud of his father. 

Love the fact that even in their pomp, Man Utd were a family club in an old fashioned sense...the like of which they don’t exist anymore.

we are so lucky to have Bruce as our manager! Reminds me of having big Jack at the helm. Proper winners.

• Like 2

Great read - cheers for sharing. 

Can't imagine what it must have been like for Bruce with his parents, plus having so much pressure at Villa, plus fans calling for him to go/the cabbage incident. My respect for him has gone through the roof. 

Really liked Alex when he played for us as well for a short time. Was young but nothing seemed to ruffle him. If he wants to go into coaching we might have him after Steve has led us to our 3rd Champions League. 

lol

Great article and both seem like top guys. Shows what Bruce went through at Villa which must have been horrible, but also how well respected he is. We are pretty lucky to have him in our current state, perfect man to sort us out and eventually get us back into the Prem at long last.