paddyowl

SYP To Change Approach.....Finally

1 minute ago, stanningtonowl said:

In time honoured Owlstalk tradition I call bull..............

I know a thousand senior officers

who think that  SYP are the dogs....

Come at me bro......

Didn't know syp had that many senior officers.  

1 minute ago, cross owl said:

Walk a mile.  They are never out of their cars to walk anywhere . Hardly anyone has any faith in the police anymore . I know someone who had their shop burgled . Three days later a copper turned up to say he couldn't do anything . Someone else phoned them up as a burglar was leaving their house as they returned home . The response they got was , were not coming out as they will be long gone by the time we get there . I know half a dozen people who have left jobs I have been at to join up . I asked why as i am interested thinking the responses would be varied . Every single one replied the same answer . It's a great pension and i can retire early . 

I don't  think we can help your mates thought process. 

As for walking,  there aren't enough cops to go to jobs that are  deemed immediate ie emergency happening now never mind walking around. Half the police are  acting as mental health workers or social workers. If your mates are joining for a good pension they ll be gone in a few years and won't stay for the 40 plus years they now do for a pension. As I say walk a mile in their shoes.

Whats your job? 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Didn't know syp had that many senior officers.  

They don't but I thought I'd pluck a number out of the air  and just say a force, with no evidence. It's FACT then. :cool:

• Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

I don't  think we can help your mates thought process. 

As for walking,  there aren't enough cops to go to jobs that are  deemed immediate ie emergency happening now never mind walking around. Half the police are  acting as mental health workers or social workers. If your mates are joining for a good pension they ll be gone in a few years and won't stay for the 40 plus years they now do for a pension. As I say walk a mile in their shoes.

Whats your job? 

There lies the problem.  To keep crime down you have to be proactive as well as reactive . They are now just reactive and have been for years . Coppers should not be social workers continually picking up people that should be in a safe environment and nor should they be afraid of doing their job in case one of the egg shells they are made to walk on cracks . The police are a shambles with coppers who want to do their job having their hands tied and employing people who just like ticking boxes with no life experience but they have a degree . As for football . Syp police it like it's still 1983 when just wading in was all they had to stop mass disorder . Most fans don't need that anymore nor do they need treating like an underclass . 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

In time honoured Owlstalk tradition I call bull..............

I know a thousand senior officers

who think that  SYP are the dogs....

Come at me bro......

Ok then guv

20 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

If only they did what the said they were going to do and kept the Blunts in for 15 minutes after the game. Then none of this would have happened. 

Just incompetent 

if you let the pigs out, then there's a good reason for battening people, and a just need for yet more officers needed next time around.

it's NOT incompetence.

get the picture?

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

if you let the pigs out, then there's a good reason for battening people, and a just need for yet more officers needed next time around.

it's NOT incompetence.

get the picture?

Nope.

If they were kept in until after we had dispersed like they said they were going to do. Then you would not have need for so many police.

The fact that they went against what they originally said they were going to do,  with the obvious consequences. Shows incompetence. 

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

I agree with a lot of what's been said about SYP. But it's a really difficult job. The stuff happening in Denaby and Mexboro with the gangs from Pitsmoor doesn't get any press but believe me, the police have done an unbelievable job. It's the same all over.

So let's look in the mirror. We say we hate United. But its fake hate. In a real war we would be fighting beside each other. The stuff the police have to deal with is us and them CHOOSING to hate each other. Other Sheffielders arent the real dangers to our freedoms or liberty. I enjoy the banter the shouting and the pointing but on reflection it's gone too far recently. Its toxic.

We all need to tone it down a notch.

I agree with this sentiment. The Sheffield derby in recent years has become VERY toxic. Don’t know if it stems from the fact that we now play them far more often than we used to, but the atmosphere at the games is now quite hostile, as we’ve seen from the missiles thrown at players and fans. Both clubs need to make a concerted effort to tone this down- it’s a game ffs

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Nope.

If they were kept in until after we had dispersed like they said they were going to do. Then you would not have need for so many police.

The fact that they went against what they originally said they were going to do,  with the obvious consequences. Shows incompetence.

c'mon work it out?

OVERTIME payments

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

c'mon work it out?

OVERTIME payments

Always an incentive. 

1 minute ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Always an incentive. 

CORRECT, I know, or knew a number of coppers, at least two who worked swfc, it was considered a nice lil' earner.

On 14/06/2019 at 15:20, Owls Loyal said:

South Yorkshire Police should have been disbanded years ago.

How can anyone forget Orgreave, 130 fake and forced statements following the Hillsborough diaster and the 300 girls abused by Asian Grooming Gangs in Rotherham.

They even messed up in the Cliff Richard case.

SYP force are a complete laughing stock and it is unbelievable that they are still in existence.

They managed to catch the Yorkshire Ripper when no other bugger could. 

15 hours ago, cross owl said:

There lies the problem.  To keep crime down you have to be proactive as well as reactive . They are now just reactive and have been for years . Coppers should not be social workers continually picking up people that should be in a safe environment and nor should they be afraid of doing their job in case one of the egg shells they are made to walk on cracks . The police are a shambles with coppers who want to do their job having their hands tied and employing people who just like ticking boxes with no life experience but they have a degree . As for football . Syp police it like it's still 1983 when just wading in was all they had to stop mass disorder . Most fans don't need that anymore nor do they need treating like an underclass . 

Who's fault is it that they are reactive because they don't have enough cops to be proactive? Who's fault is it they have to act as social workers? Who's fault is it they have to act as ambulances? Who's fault is it they have to tick boxes? 

I don't think that's the cops fault.

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

c'mon work it out?

OVERTIME payments

It was cancelled days off. No overtime paid. 

19 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

Well I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways.

And personally I will call out racism homophobia etc even with family and yes it is our remit. As the saying goes all it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to say nothing.

And I'm really not sure about the catching rapists point when we are discussing football violence tbh but seeing as it's you I'm sure it was well meant.

Oh I would with family...thats my remit...I'm f.ooked if I'm going to be responsible for every other mindless idiot...

Where I sit...I never hear it...only thing I ever had a go at was the "die die Piggy" stuff at Sharpe the other year...and even that was with someone I know.

I have never once seen anyone go out of his way to pull someone up on racism, cos I havent heard any for years where I sit...and I'm f.ooked if I'm going patrolling to look for it... ....Ive not heard anything homophobic apart from the 

"We can see you holding hands" at brighton fans...who sing 

"You dirty Northern b* stards"

That sort of thing doesn't bother me....I don't sing it...but I'm not that bothered by it.

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

Who's fault is it that they are reactive because they don't have enough cops to be proactive? Who's fault is it they have to act as social workers? Who's fault is it they have to act as ambulances? Who's fault is it they have to tick boxes? 

I don't think that's the cops fault.

I never said it was the cops fault . But if you turn a job into box ticking social workers with a side line in catching the occasional criminal then that that is the kind of person you attract . Having people skills, reading situations , behaving proportionately and fairly doesn't come into the selection process , if it does it doesn't show . Just this set of people you behave like this towards and that's it .

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Oh I would with family...thats my remit...I'm f.ooked if I'm going to be responsible for every other mindless idiot...

Where I sit...I never hear it...only thing I ever had a go at was the "die die Piggy" stuff at Sharpe the other year...and even that was with someone I know.

I have never once seen anyone go out of his way to pull someone up on racism, cos I havent heard any for years where I sit...and I'm f.ooked if I'm going patrolling to look for it... ....Ive not heard anything homophobic apart from the 

"We can see you holding hands" at brighton fans...who sing 

"You dirty Northern b* stards"

That sort of thing doesn't bother me....I don't sing it...but I'm not that bothered by it.

No I never hear racism at Hillsborough these days either. Even the female lino hardly gets noticed now. The Brighton stuff is old hat. The United keeper Sharpe stuff Roth town full of paedophiles isn't good but I think our fan base is generally fairly inoffensive in comparison to some.

I couldn't be doing with any EDL nonsense though. That stuff needs stopping early doors.

6 hours ago, dorian gray said:

c'mon work it out?

OVERTIME payments

Nah pal its not overtime payments they're after.

SYP are just a gang up for a fight. Always have been always will be. Other forces have adapted from the 80s age but ours are stuck in the past.

5 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

They managed to catch the Yorkshire Ripper when no other bugger could. 

They pulled him for driving with fake plates so they even lucked on that.

• Agree 2