Away 1st game?

On 13/06/2019 at 12:51, sonofbert2 said:

So will we be at home last match or away?

Assuming the last weekend will be 2nd/3rd May, the same weekend as this year, we should be at home. Pigs have an away fixture scheduled.

Can't find confirmation of the last fixture date but the Playoff Final is the last weekend in May so that seems likely as the semis start the weekend after the season ends and then it's usually less than a couple of weeks to the final. 

• Thanks 1

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

It's not unknown for both clubs to be scheduled to play at home on the same day.  Just saying like.

True but historically it's been a random one in November say, not a key date 

31 minutes ago, mkowl said:

True but historically it's been a random one in November say, not a key date 

I was thinking the 17th or 24th.  Having said that, it's highly unlikely.

Edited by Sham67

If we can get an away win on the board straight away that would start us off nicely, we must finally start well for the first handful of games.

When I look at our neighbours Prem fixtures I can only see Norwich at home as a possible win for them, think Bournemouth will put 4 or 5 past them the gulf in quality is so big.

2 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Does anyone know when the draw for the carabao cup is taking place? Isn't this usually before the fixtures are released?

I think it's next Tuesday, not 100% though.

2 hours ago, sMacLean said:

If we can get an away win on the board straight away that would start us off nicely, we must finally start well for the first handful of games.

When I look at our neighbours Prem fixtures I can only see Norwich at home as a possible win for them, think Bournemouth will put 4 or 5 past them the gulf in quality is so big.

Expect Wilder is in training already for his excuses. Little old udt etc  no one expected us to win, think the 9th and 10 th goal was a little harsh as we were in the game till then. 

Edited by Harrysgame
Spell

Guest Bulgaria
5 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Probably live on muck hub at 3.30 am from a Thai brothel.

Not sure on date though.

Ah, good. Will give me time to clean the tissues up.

It was Derby County at the Baseball ground back in Match 1953. My Dad and brother in law took me for a birthday treat. I’d started gong to our home games the season before when we went up to LD1.

I remember it was cold and wet and we were standing right at the front actually looking up at the pitch, and every now and again a bloke with a rams head on a stick would walk and then stop right in front of us near the touch line and block my view. It didn’t matter though because our lads won 2-1 and my old Dad said I was a lucky mascot. Heady days. I thought it was always going to be like that whenever I went, what with this rare away win and us getting promotion the season before, but in reality we were a proper yo-yo team back then, too good for the second division but we always had top weight on in the top tier.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

On 12/06/2019 at 18:10, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I think we'll be chosen as the Friday night game to start this season.

God I hope not. 

Having Hinchcliffe 'commentate' on our first game would make me want to top mesen. 

• Haha 1

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 16:53, Growl67 said:

It was Derby County at the Baseball ground back in Match 1953. My Dad and brother in law took me for a birthday treat. I’d started gong to our home games the season before when we went up to LD1.

I remember it was cold and wet and we were standing right at the front actually looking up at the pitch, and every now and again a bloke with a rams head on a stick would walk and then stop right in front of us near the touch line and block my view. It didn’t matter though because our lads won 2-1 and my old Dad said I was a lucky mascot. Heady days. I thought it was always going to be like that whenever I went, what with this rare away win and us getting promotion the season before, but in reality we were a proper yo-yo team back then, too good for the second division but we always had top weight on in the top tier.  :rolleyes:

Coolstory dude, I enjoyed reading that, FFS :biggrin: