Away 1st game?

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Good point - the fixtures do often tend to reverse, with us and pigs playing against two paired teams (for example Forest and Derby). 

For anyone bothered they could see when pigs are playing Chelsea, Villa, Watford.... as we could well be playing Fulham, Birmingham and Luton those dates. 

And maybe when they play Palace we play Charlton. 

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Luton would be a good one for you.

It would but the chances of getting a ticket about 100/1

Guest mkowl
3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

United at home to Watford on Boxing Day.  You can thank me later.

Yep can see that logic 

Guest mkowl

Utd at home on the 17th and 24th August so looks like a fun start - could well be a midweek home game for us following week after the 10th 

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

The one thing guaranteed is that we'll be playing Millwall away on a Tuesday night.

A few years ago on Talksport radio there was an interview with the man that is responsible for the fixtures computer.

They read out the question about “why are the long trips usually on a Tuesday night”

The guy said that was a common criticism however he explained that all clubs can make requests about which fixtures they prefer.

He said that most clubs wants the local derbies and geographically closer fixtures to be held at a weekend to guarantee a bigger away following,

so they try to oblige to cubs wishes.

Apparently the long distance clubs wouldn’t bring many away fans regardless of when the fixture is played.

So many clubs request that the (on paper) least attractive and/or long distance fixtures are played Tuesday night,

leaving the attractive fixtures to be played at the weekend.

Edited by sheffsteel
  • Thanks 1

On 13/06/2019 at 09:20, mkowl said:

I am probably the only Wednesday fan pleased about this 

My Mrs is fine about me going to games but as always been funny about Boxing Day - given the min 7 hours I would be away

So well done Mr Computer Fixture man 

I'll second this mate, especially when my kids have different mums :laugh:

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

I'll second this mate, especially when my kids have different mums :laugh:

And different Dads :ph34r:

23 hours ago, mkowl said:

Utd at home on the 17th and 24th August so looks like a fun start - could well be a midweek home game for us following week after the 10th 

EFL Cup first round that week, it's usually first midweek but it's second week this coming season. 

Guest mkowl
57 minutes ago, bradowl said:

EFL Cup first round that week, it's usually first midweek but it's second week this coming season. 

Yep someone else pointed that out on another forum

So might be the first week we have a league home game 

On 13/06/2019 at 13:05, sheffsteel said:

A few years ago on Talksport radio there was an interview with the man that is responsible for the fixtures computer.

They read out the question about “why are the long trips usually on a Tuesday night”

The guy said that was a common criticism however he explained that all clubs can make requests about which fixtures they prefer.

He said that most clubs wants the local derbies and geographically closer fixtures to be held at a weekend to guarantee a bigger away following,

so they try to oblige to cubs wishes.

Apparently the long distance clubs wouldn’t bring many away fans regardless of when the fixture is played.

So many clubs request that the (on paper) least attractive and/or long distance fixtures are played Tuesday night,

leaving the attractive fixtures to be played at the weekend.

Makes sense tbh 

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 13:04, mkowl said:

looks like 1st 3 Saturdays out of 4 away , hopefully not Swansea,cardiff,bristol . ideal 1 on boxing day and other 2 on a tues night all on red button.