Nuhiu Wanted

4 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Probably nothing in this... The political situation in the Balkans suggests that Kosovar Albanians might not be welcome in North Macedonia. This part of the world is still a bit of a tinderbox.

I thought you were fine in Macedonia as long as you just repeated Alexander the Great was Macedonian. They love that. 

51 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I’ve nothing against him but he isn’t top level championship material. If he stays he may score the odd important goal from the bench, but if he goes we won’t miss him either. Also I’m not sure he always gives 100%; he’s been here maybe 5 years and apart from the beginning and when he was playing for a contract he has been disappointing . To think that some on here would rather see forestieri go than him is incredulous! I don’t feel the negative comments about him are that bad , just understandable opinions. 

I’ll take that one on.

Last two seasons:-

Forestieri

Apx £40kpw

Played 2000 minutes (equates to 22 games out of 92)

10 open play goals and a pen

Still a fair Transfer value 

Nuhiu

Apx £15kpw

Played 3000 minutes

15 open play goals

Little transfer value

If the question was “who is a better footballer?” The answer is Forestieri by miles. 

But the question was “who would you sell ahead of Nuhiu?”.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kameron said:

Signing players like Nuhiu is the reason we've spent almost 20 years outside the top division, we'd all give 100%, we'd all try hard, who wouldn't to be I such a privileged job?.  In his time with us he's had one decent spell which coincided with his contract nearing expiry.   I'm sure he's a cracking guy but I don't want to see cracking guys, I want to see winners, ruthless ba stards that have a bit more than a tryer status otherwise we'll be another 20 years away from premier league.  It's about time some of our supporters wanted better than to be happy to see the likes of Bullen, Ogrady, Nuhiu, Palmer ect put in a shift.

Lewis McGugan

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I’ll take that one on.

Forestieri

Apx £40kpw

Nuhiu

Apx £15kpw

Played 3000 minutes

15 open play goals

Little transfer value

If the question was “who is a better footballer?” The answer is Forestieri by miles. 

I'd be very surprised if he's on anything like that. Less than £10k would be more like it and probably around £8k.

(I've no inside info.)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'd be very surprised if he's on anything like that. Less than £10k would be more like it and probably around £8k.

(I've no inside info.)

I used a high guess to try to be as fair as possible.

• Like 1

Guest Kameron
1 hour ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Yeah thats the only reason....

Who should we have splashed out on at the time instead of him?

He has provided more to the cause than flops like Abdi, Rhodes, Van Aken etc.

He is a low cost squad player who can make an impact off the bench.

I thinks it's a case of the less you see of a player  the better he becomes, he collected more yellow cards than scored goals last season.  To suggest he's also some kind of saviour from the bench is also wrong, he rescued a point away at Preston and that was it.  Not for a second do I blame him for our soon to be twenty year absence from the premier league, I completely agree he's given more than Abdi, Rhodes, and Van Aken put together in his time here but the fact remains he's not good enough.  The mismanagement of signings is a different argument, we seem to never learn having made a complete balls of things from the mid 90's which saw us relegated and recently under DC. If only Richards hadn't sought revenge on big Ron, if Milan hadn't bottled bringing in Colin, accepted that would have gone down like Jimmy Saville getting a new series of Jim'll Fix it or we could have had a Steve Bruce after the Wembley defeat.  All if's and buts, we have a cracking manager now and if left to get on with his job without interference he will have us there or there abouts, that  is a big if though.

Edited by Kameron

One thing that Nuhiu gives us, is something completely different, usually from the bench. Often when we are struggling to break a team down, his ability to use his physicality, to get amongst defenders and cause them a problem that they hadn’t faced. 

He is a very useful weapon in our armoury, more effective than others, who might have a better goals record

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I’ll take that one on.

Forestieri

Apx £40kpw

Nuhiu

Apx £15kpw

Played 3000 minutes

15 open play goals

Little transfer value

Why would you ever sell your best players in front of average ones. Don’t believe for a second FF is on 40k thought only fletcher was on that. FF has unfinished business. When you talk about nuhius record, remove that 10 game spell at the end of last season and then get back to me. What about over their Hillsborough careers. Better still what about the two play off seasons when we actually did well. You’ve just managed to include that one spell he did ok!!! You are entitled to your opinion but you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think we will get to the prem by keeping him and selling ff

5 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Probably nothing in this... The political situation in the Balkans suggests that Kosovar Albanians might not be welcome in North Macedonia. This part of the world is still a bit of a tinderbox.

Stop jinxing it, just get him out

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kameron said:

Come in handy over there as Donkeys are still the main mode of transportation.

Im struggling here. I want to neg for being cunttishly unappreciative of a stalwart who has given his all for the cause through thin, thick and thin, and at the same time salute the cruel wit that is the basis of real humour and really made me laugh. 

Edited by George
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think there is a place for him here. Not on huge wages and does a decent job for us, ok got his limitation but seems to disrupt the opposites when he comes on and always tries.

Probably deciding factor is that in Sheffield he gets Hot and Cold running water with a flushing toilet, would he get that over there?

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

At least we have a ready made replacement in Fletcher It’s useful to have that type of player from the bench

Fletcher 3 times the player Nuhiu is. No comparison and unless im mistaken he was first choice when fit all last season. D taxis required if someone is willing to pay a fee for Dave but likely to be fake news.

3 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Fletcher 3 times the player Nuhiu is. No comparison and unless im mistaken he was first choice when fit all last season. D taxis required if someone is willing to pay a fee for Dave but likely to be fake news.

Hobson’s choice though ain’t it Neither of them are good enough to play the lone striker role, although, as I said, I’d keep one to use from the bench

Guest gizowl
3 hours ago, Kameron said:

I thinks it's a case of the less you see of a player  the better he becomes, he collected more yellow cards than scored goals last season.  To suggest he's also some kind of saviour from the bench is also wrong, he rescued a point away at Preston and that was it.  Not for a second do I blame him for our soon to be twenty year absence from the premier league, I completely agree he's given more than Abdi, Rhodes, and Van Aken put together in his time here but the fact remains he's not good enough.  The mismanagement of signings is a different argument, we seem to never learn having made a complete balls of things from the mid 90's which saw us relegated and recently under DC. If only Richards hadn't sought revenge on big Ron, if Milan hadn't bottled bringing in Colin, accepted that would have gone down like Jimmy Saville getting a new series of Jim'll Fix it or we could have had a Steve Bruce after the Wembley defeat.  All if's and buts, we have a cracking manager now and if left to get on with his job without interference he will have us there or there abouts, that  is a big if though.

Gonads on Nuhui, him and FF, should stay, if they go and we're left with winnall Rhodes and Joao we're well fcuked.