Nuhiu Wanted

Guest Kameron
6 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

This part of the world is still a bit of a tinderbox.

Unlike the residents of Page Hall who live along side each other in complete Harmony.

1 hour ago, Drewswfc said:

I'll be sad to see him go.... Never a starter but a Game changer off the bench... Always gives 100%. Much prefer others to go before Atty

Totally agree . I wish some of our other players had the same passion and commitment every time they pulled on the shirt. Id sell Rhodes and Winnall before Dave .

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Just out of interest, which others ? 

We're currently down to the bare bones. 

I suspect Fox wont be first name on the team sheet, but not sure who else we can offload.

As we are talking about forwards I’d sell Winnall, Forestieri and Rhodes before Atdhe.

He’s much cheaper, and has been more effective than the others over the past few seasons.

I would keep Fletcher, Nuhiu and Joao, and buy or loan two first-choice new strikers.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Just out of interest, which others ? 

We're currently down to the bare bones. 

I suspect Fox wont be first name on the team sheet, but not sure who else we can offload.

Were not striker wise !!!

Winnall Rhodes Fletcher Nuhiu id not be sad to see any of them go, infact I encourage it

I don't particularly think Nuhiu is a good footballer, but without wishing to split opinion, most would agree he's not going to be a regular starter. 

If a nominal fee and wage saved puts £1m or more back in the budget, which is a realistic estimate,  is he worth £1m to sit on the bench for the last year of his contract?

Also Nuhiu is the only striking option that offers us what he can, Fletcher is obviously number 1 target man but bringing Adthe on off the bench is and has always been an effective thing to do. Winnall would be the first striker out the door for me, doesn't offer anything we haven't already got. 

28 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Probably nothing in this... The political situation in the Balkans suggests that Kosovar Albanians might not be welcome in North Macedonia. This part of the world is still a bit of a tinderbox.

The club was founded by ethnic Albanians, it's supporters include Xherdan Shaqiri.

5 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

They wouldn't be able to afford his wages, can't see them paying around 10k a week. 

Owned by Ecolog International, no idea how minted they are.

All of the above can be found in a quick Wiki search.

The names I was called when I said "get rid of this donkey unless you want us to finish mid-table" when he was taking the pissss at the end of the previous season (wanting a contract). 

*EDIT he wasn't taking the wee wee in those last few games. He was taking the wee wee the other 5 years. 

33 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Probably nothing in this... The political situation in the Balkans suggests that Kosovar Albanians might not be welcome in North Macedonia. This part of the world is still a bit of a tinderbox.

Nuhiu.....Thinks..."Hmmm! what do I do, stay here in wonderful civilised Sheffield at a club that likes me...with fans who on the whole appreciate what I bring...on a cracking wage...where I'm happy as Larry......or do I go to North Macedonia with it's iffy plumbing and questionable sanitation, to play for a club that I've never heard of...nor anybody else for that matter...for a lot less money...to get knocked out of the CL first round...with fans that will probably want to murder the players for not getting through...where I'll probably have to live in a guarded compound because I'm a Kosovar Albanian...and the only concession to western living is a McDonalds"

In life we all have to make choices.

1 minute ago, Hougoumont said:

Nuhiu.....Thinks..."Hmmm! what do I do, stay here in wonderful civilised Sheffield at a club that likes me...with fans who on the whole appreciate what I bring...on a cracking wage...where I'm happy as Larry......or do I go to North Macedonia with it's iffy plumbing and questionable sanitation, to play for a club that I've never heard of...nor anybody else for that matter...for a lot less money...to get knocked out of the CL first round...with fans that will probably want to murder the players for not getting through...where I'll probably have to live in a guarded compound because I'm a Kosovar Albanian...and the only concession to western living is a McDonalds"

In life we all have to make choices.

The club is located in Tetovo, which is a majority ethnic Albanian area.  You never know, perhaps all the locals live in guarded compounds.

2 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

I'll be sad to see him go.... Never a starter but a Game changer off the bench... Always gives 100%. Much prefer others to go before Atty

Yeah, I remember all those 4 games he gave 100%. On the plus side, we cant sign anyone any worse - 6ft 4" and can jump 5ft 8". I'll always remember him for the standards that our great club sunk too.

• Like 1