Tommy Spurr

9 hours ago, Standidno said:

Why Megson got rid of him and replaced him with Julian Bennett is anyone’s guess.

Solid!

Two possible reasons

1: I think they had a fall out after the Brentford or Peterborough game, Megson went balllistic as Tommy popped over for a drink after about 8 minutes of the match played

2: In Megsons defence, Spurr was pretty poor that season back in league one and was part of a team that had a losing culture drilled into them. I don't think Megson renewed any contracts (possibly with the exception of Nicky Weaver) and got rid of nearly all of Calamity Irvines joke of a team. 

Beevers and Coke were sent out on loan whereas Spurr, Teale, Michael Morrison, Heffernan, Miller, and Hinds all left in the summer. Reynolds I also think left for Aberdeen early or midway through the season and O'Connor left for the USA. 

Julian Bennett wasn't the left back for long as he soon put Reda Johnson there instead. 

8 hours ago, katie melua said:

Two possible reasons

1: I think they had a fall out after the Brentford or Peterborough game, Megson went balllistic as Tommy popped over for a drink after about 8 minutes of the match played

2: In Megsons defence, Spurr was pretty poor that season back in league one and was part of a team that had a losing culture drilled into them. I don't think Megson renewed any contracts (possibly with the exception of Nicky Weaver) and got rid of nearly all of Calamity Irvines joke of a team. 

Beevers and Coke were sent out on loan whereas Spurr, Teale, Michael Morrison, Heffernan, Miller, and Hinds all left in the summer. Reynolds I also think left for Aberdeen early or midway through the season and O'Connor left for the USA. 

Julian Bennett wasn't the left back for long as he soon put Reda Johnson there instead. 

Who the flip was he?

34 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Who the flip was he?

Richard Hinds, centre back from Scunthorpe that Brian Laws signed as a back up player. Could also play right back if needed.

Was a decent back up player when required 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, katie melua said:

Richard Hinds, centre back from Scunthorpe that Brian Laws signed as a back up player. Could also play right back if needed.

Was a decent back up player when required 

That's the fella.  Completely forgot about him.

On 11/06/2019 at 11:04, james o connor said:

31 and knackered . Most of this forums idea of heaven ! Expect a 20 page thread on why we should sign him up ....

Definitely Get him signed up 

lol

If he has done his coaching badges may be As an U18's/u23's coach.

We've one of our former youngsters that came through the ranks in Haslam, who has been doing a good solid job with the academy lads. I always think it's a good idea to have people around the staff that know the club fans and area, as they tend to put that bit extra in becouse it means more to them for the club to be successful. 

Edited by shezzas left peg