Moving Season Ticket seats

Guest Manwithastick

Guest Manwithastick

Firstly - brilliant service on the telephone from Ashley in the ticket office. Answered quickly. Found my details. Advised what was available. Moved the seats, took 

payment and sent a confirmation email all in under 5 minutes. Fantastic. 

Now, have I done the right thing? We were in great North Stand seats - on half way but row 3. This has drawbacks - you get wet when it rains, the sun is a pain and the 

barriers of the disabled ramp are in view (rows 1 & 2 are marked severely restricted but row 3 is considered fine). 

We’ve moved to the South - managed to get a pair on row T which apparently is the extra legroom row? Towards the kop but on the gangway between DD and DD1. 

Good seats?

I was on the South Stand all through the 80's, 90's and I preferred it

I moved over to the North Stand when I started taking the kids in 2000

We watched one game from the South, but the kids wanted to move to the North so they could sing 

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

16 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I was on the South Stand all through the 80's, 90's and I preferred it

I moved over to the North Stand when I started taking the kids in 2000

We watched one game from the South, but the kids wanted to move to the North so they could sing 

Come on admit, it was all about the pointing wasnt it !?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Seats are probably good, but there's more life in a tramps vest than on the South Stand.

That my good fellow is codswallop, why, only the season before last, a chap on the row in front of me took umbrage with another chap because he stood up to re arrange his seat cushion just as we were thinking about venturing into the opponents half.

The South Stand is without doubt the place to be unless you are 18 years of age, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Sit down, there's a good fellow.

Edited by Spookone
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Manwithastick said:

Firstly - brilliant service on the telephone from Ashley in the ticket office. Answered quickly. Found my details. Advised what was available. Moved the seats, took 

Now, have I done the right thing? We were in great North Stand seats - on half way but row 3. This has drawbacks - you get wet when it rains, the sun is a pain and the 

barriers of the disabled ramp are in view (rows 1 & 2 are marked severely restricted but row 3 is considered fine). 

We’ve moved to the South - managed to get a pair on row T which apparently is the extra legroom row? Towards the kop but on the gangway between DD and DD1. 

Good seats?

If Tartan Blankets, ZImmer frames and colostomy bags float your boat, then you've made the right choice!

1 hour ago, Manwithastick said:

Good seats?

In my 60 odd  years of supporting my team I’ve moved from standing at the front of the South as a child then later in the very cramped seats.

Tried standing, then sitting on the Kop, but those columns are a pain. 

Finally to the North with just a 2 year break in the grandstand with very young grandchildren.

Now back settled back in the North Stand opposite the tunnel, which gives the best view of play.

Just above upper concourse level for quick access, enough knee room. Sun rarely blinding and always dry.

Best spot I’ve ever found in Hillsborough but you’ll struggle to get a season ticket there.

You’ve definitely made the right choice, I’ve been on that row for 10 years now and the leg room is brilliant. Wouldn’t move anywhere else now having served my apprenticeship on the kop for nigh on 50 years.

I think the South gets unfair critiscism, you get some right characters on there, I was sat in there back in the day v Blackpool JPT game not going to well, one disgruntled fan marched all the way down to the front of the stand down to the dugout to ask Chris Turner what was going wrong only for Chris to turn round to him with the immortal line "WHAT CAN I DO" the said fan marched back to his seat bemused uttering "WHAT CAN I DO" for the rest of the game to anyone who would listen informing them "HES THE MANAGER". You had to be there but comedy gold in a dire performance. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Simon78 said:

I think the South gets unfair critiscism, you get some right characters on there, I was sat in there back in the day v Blackpool JPT game not going to well, one disgruntled fan marched all the way down to the front of the stand down to the dugout to ask Chris Turner what was going wrong only for Chris to turn round to him with the immortal line "WHAT CAN I DO" the said fan marched back to his seat bemused uttering "WHAT CAN I DO" for the rest of the game to anyone who would listen informing them "HES THE MANAGER". You had to be there but comedy gold in a dire performance. 

He could ask Colin, couldn't he ?

We're on the north, same row as Hootie, and the view is fantastic. When I first started taking the little un we had a few games in the grandstand. 1 game on the North and he said if we ever get season tickets he'd want to be on there. Well what else could I do? I said I'll see what I can do. 

For me it's the best stand in the ground, it's certainly the most awe inspiring when you stand on the pitch and look at it. It's absolutely vast. 

Tried to move seats today due to a season of listening to the 4 girls behind us talking about their love lives etc for the entirety of each home game. Seriously, was like an episode of love island, TOWIE, Made in Chelsea and Geordie Shore rolled into one! Ticket Office couldn’t find 5 seats together however after telling Ashley why I wanted to move I was informed that the ladies sat behind had not renewed.....GREAT SUCCESS!!

Edited by Hawkinsfootballboots

Just moved seats in Kop from block V3 to T2. Trying to get a little away from that band & the pole that covered the left wing. Unfortunately couldn’t get to see the seats as the kop is closed at the moment. Anyone know what it’s like around seats 100?

Two seasons ago I had to move from my superb seat centre North row 15 because the wife wanted to get a season ticket. Moved a couple of rows down and a block over to the kop. Unfortunately, we were near the end of the row and there was four twáts who every match got up to go to the bar at half time about 4 minutes early and  returned just after kick off, then went before extra time to miss the rush. Anyway, we managed to get back to centre of row just in front of where I was originally. If you are one of those twáts and are reading this...how's the piles going that I cursed you with.;-)

Edited by Hougoumont