Starting eleven next season

14 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

8 goals in 32 appearances last term,if we want promotion we will need 20 each as a minimum from the strike pairing

You don't need both strikers scoring 20 each, that rarely happens. Fletcher creates goals for others, if he gets double figures and his partner 20 then great.

The area we need more goals from next season is midfield.

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You don't need both strikers scoring 20 each, that rarely happens. Fletcher creates goals for others, if he gets double figures and his partner 20 then great.

Wel need a minimum of 40 goals uptop,weve a low scoring MF,and defence,although Iorfa will add to that by looks of things,your looking at around 75-80 goals for the autos with a stiff rearguard,if you count the goals potential in the current squad,its a big ask with Fletcher uptop,depending on formation and his fitness is always a problem

1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

Wel need a minimum of 40 goals uptop,weve a low scoring MF,and defence,although Iorfa will add to that by looks of things,your looking at around 75-80 goals for the autos with a stiff rearguard,if you count the goals potential in the current squad,its a big ask with Fletcher uptop,depending on formation and his fitness is always a problem

Fletcher should be nowhere near the starting eleven, in my opinion The only way we can carry him, would be in a 4-4-2 system, something I’d be wary of returning to

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fletcher should be nowhere near the starting eleven, in my opinion The only way we can carry him, would be in a 4-4-2 system, something I’d be wary of returning to

Fletchers a real grafter,gives a ton every game,leaves it all on the park and never stops,but.....his conversion rate is and always has been low,if were serious about getting up,we need a huge upgrade @ 28K per week Fletchers not cheap either

14 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

If we continue to play to Fletchers strengths, he will score goals and win every single flick on time and time again for others to score from. That much is true. We just need someone to run off these flick ons.

For me, a 4 3 3 or 4 2 3 1 with Fletcher at the head will be great success for us if we can get the wingers in we need. If not I do agree we would struggle as his goals and hardwork isn't enough by themselves.

We need Barry Bannan to start adding more goals to his game too at some point, or if not replace him with someone who will.

I'd go for something like this

Westwood;

Iorfa,

Odubajo or Lazaar,

Hector or similar,

Lees;

Morsy or similar,

Bannan;

Harris or similar,

Forestieri or Reach,

Aarons or similar;

Fletcher or Joao or an upgrade.

Depending upon who we bring in plus who we can get in on loan. I'd go for something like that, unless we can get an more prolific upgrade upfront, I'd go for pace and flair in behind Fletcher and I'd get a more reliable version of Hutchinson if possible. All that said, I trust that Bruce, will get what we need to fit how he wants us to play.

15 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Would like us to look at Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool if we possibly could. He'd be an excellent option for left wing.

Didn’t the pigs send him back to Liverpool? It was all very strange, as he was heralded as a big coup. Don’t think he was injured either, as he was turning out for their development side

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

4 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

8 goals in 32 appearances last term,if we want promotion we will need 20 each as a minimum from the strike pairing

Totally agree Birley. Also it was 10 actually 

Forest A 1

Villa A 1

Birmingham A 1

Birmingham H 1

Wigan H 1

Swansea H 1

Brentford H 2

Bolton A 1

Norwich A 1

To day he started the season injured and Jos sucked, his stats under Bruce were excellent!!

We ain’t got Westwood Palmer n Lee just yet. 

Sounds like we have signed Borner n Odubajo.

doubt will get Hector. 

Reckon few may go too.

possibly a few from these.... Winnall, Fessi, Reach, Joao, Fox, Hutch, Thornily, Hutch, Dawson, Lees, Rhodes 

bannan n Fletch only ones safe I think. 

10 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

I agree. Not a dig at Fletcher in any way as I thought he played well last season ....but that aside I'm sick of having non scoring forwards .

I get that we need goals from other areas, but forwards are  there to score goals and should be aiming for 20+ 

Teams that get promoted, generally score goals and have players that do there job and put the ball in the net 20-30 times a season. 

Our top scorer stats over recent seasons are pitiful. Not all down to individual players as at times our creativity has been non existent, but goals scored is an appropriate measure of effectiveness and our forwards need to do better.

Fletcher’s strengths, aside from his attitude, which is first class, are too limited for a lone striker. Apart from a lack of goals, he’s never been prolific, his battling for high balls, looking to get a flick on, is quite frankly, a bit basic. It’s not as if we have the type of player who will take advantage of a knock down, or the occasional flick on. 

Its OK people saying, bring in a couple of quick wingers, and you will see the best of Fletcher. Maybe, but he still wouldn’t score enough goals, and with wide players concentrating on getting the ball into him, we wouldn’t get many goals from the wide positions either. The only way we can incorporate Fletcher into the side, is to switch to a 4-4-2, and bring in a quick striker to play alongside. Personally I don’t like this idea, as it warrants too many changes elsewhere 

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

As things stand think we definatley need 4 quality players for the first 11. 

Then id also like another CB, CM, RW

90D7E0D4-A09D-4ED6-9ADA-1AEC084A75DE.jpeg

I'd bump it up to 5 as i don't think Hutchinson can be relied upon. 6 if Bruce decides on playing a lone striker.