Trevor Francis

On 08/06/2019 at 15:33, Craig enock said:

Bit random but wanted too know why he wasnt at the 150 year anniversary doo last year . I was only 6 or 7 when he managed us but I loved going with my dad to watch us play at that time . I've read 1 or 2 negative opinions on him on here over the years and just wanted some feedback on your thoughts on him as our manager . 

iirc he was selling tracksuits in Sheperds Bush 

• Haha 1

Hard to please some people, I get the bit about big Ron. But we finished 3rd in the league under TF. Were still in with a chance of winning it with 2/3 games to go and played in 2 Cup finals. Really it was the highest achieving side since 1961 and yet we have people deriding his achievements. Christ I hope I live long enough to see that level of failure again. 

On 08/06/2019 at 16:18, Millhouses said:

Best football we ever played. 3rd in the top division, European football, regulars at Wembley. Signed the great Chris Waddle. He never got the credit he deserved. 

Agree. We should look back with fond memories. Unfortunately, towards the end he lost the plot and we were clueless. It tainted his spell in many ways which is a shame considering our achievements under him.