Borner Confirmed

3 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I hope is English is better than that translation. I didn't understand f0 0k all of it.

Is he on a free transfer, out of contract at the end of June?

You’re winding us up - am I right?

6 hours ago, snaykz said:

Börner's adventure: Three years England

Arminia's captain of the past season goes to Sheffield Wednesday and explains why this is the perfect time for him and his family right now.

Peter Burkamp 08.06.2019 | Updated 50 minutes ago

Bielefeld. Julian Börner is curious. For him, a new chapter begins in brief: On July 1 DFB-Sheffield Wednesday. Arminia's captain of the past season has signed a three-year contract with the English second division club.

Until the departure there are still some things to do. Next week the moving van comes. The Börners - Julian, his wife Kristina and daughter Emma - give up their luggage, but by no means everything else in the Bielefeld home. Your house will be sublet, a part they will continue to use when it comes to a short break home. The city on Teuto will later remain the center of life. That's how it's planned. "When the little one comes to elementary school, we want to be back," says Börner, who has not come to terms with a return to the DSC, even though coach Uwe Neuhaus and sports director Samir Arabi were very angry that the 28- Year old in spite of oral commitment umendschied.

A childhood dream comes true

"I definitely have not made it easy and can understand the trouble. But it has always been a childhood dream of mine to play in England. "Two years ago he had already received a concrete offer from England under the impressions of the birth of his daughter and the spectacular last year's relegation in Dresden He gave priority to Arminia. "Now suddenly this economically interesting offer came in. I flew over, talked to those responsible, completed the medical check-up and signed it," explains Börner. Also for his wife fit the arrangement. She will continue to do her part-time job remotely and work on her doctorate. "It's just the perfect time," Börner said, and he has received encouragement from the team and his friends, and even DSC officials have congratulated him on the opportunity.

Börner becomes the first German in the history of Sheffield Wednesday (founded in 1867). The traditional club was already English champion. "I'm really up for it and I'm curious to see how I react to the new environment," he says.Another language, significantly more competitive games and new teammates await him. "I'll have to work my way up a new standing," Börner says about the challenge he likes to accept.

Not true I'm afraid.

Full name Wilfred Samuel Smith
Date of birth 3 September 1946 (age 72)
Place of birth Neumünster, Germany
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cowl said:

And Raheem Sterling was born in Jamaica and Terry Butcher in Singapore - both English.

Crazy int it ?

What did they call that chap in Green who used to play in goal for us ?

Martian Hodge .......lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST