Borner Confirmed

52 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Börner's adventure: Three years England

Arminia's captain of the past season goes to Sheffield Wednesday and explains why this is the perfect time for him and his family right now.

Peter Burkamp 08.06.2019 | Updated 50 minutes ago

Bielefeld. Julian Börner is curious. For him, a new chapter begins in brief: On July 1 DFB-Sheffield Wednesday. Arminia's captain of the past season has signed a three-year contract with the English second division club.

Until the departure there are still some things to do. Next week the moving van comes. The Börners - Julian, his wife Kristina and daughter Emma - give up their luggage, but by no means everything else in the Bielefeld home. Your house will be sublet, a part they will continue to use when it comes to a short break home. The city on Teuto will later remain the center of life. That's how it's planned. "When the little one comes to elementary school, we want to be back," says Börner, who has not come to terms with a return to the DSC, even though coach Uwe Neuhaus and sports director Samir Arabi were very angry that the 28- Year old in spite of oral commitment umendschied.

A childhood dream comes true

"I definitely have not made it easy and can understand the trouble. But it has always been a childhood dream of mine to play in England. "Two years ago he had already received a concrete offer from England under the impressions of the birth of his daughter and the spectacular last year's relegation in Dresden He gave priority to Arminia. "Now suddenly this economically interesting offer came in. I flew over, talked to those responsible, completed the medical check-up and signed it," explains Börner. Also for his wife fit the arrangement. She will continue to do her part-time job remotely and work on her doctorate. "It's just the perfect time," Börner said, and he has received encouragement from the team and his friends, and even DSC officials have congratulated him on the opportunity.

Börner becomes the first German in the history of Sheffield Wednesday (founded in 1867). The traditional club was already English champion. "I'm really up for it and I'm curious to see how I react to the new environment," he says.Another language, significantly more competitive games and new teammates await him. "I'll have to work my way up a new standing," Börner says about the challenge he likes to accept.

• Thanks 2

Borner was suspended/prevented from last two games of season in league has he had already signed for us. Thus been known for some time but Wednesday have said nothing. Odubajo has signed as well but again we have said nothing.

28 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I think it's all but confirmed. 

Does this mean definitely 100% no Hector coming back for us? 

Anyhow, welcome to Hillsborough Julian. It really is quite brilliant. 

For me, he'll be a replacement for Pudil and hopefully an upgrade on Van Aken.

Don't see him walking in the team just yet though. Iorfa and Lees could start the season, if Hector doesn't return.

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

For me, he'll be a replacement for Pudil and hopefully an upgrade on Van Aken.

Don't see him walking in the team just yet though. Iorfa and Lees could start the season, if Hector doesn't return.

Iorfa is suspended for the first two

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

Keep using the word,

Umendschied,

this bothers me a lot, sort of thing Joseph Goebbels might say.

But hey ho , all's fair in love and, ooooops.

That word doesn't exist in the German language.

The original article uses the word "umentschied" which is a very uncommon way of saying that he changed his mind about staying at Bielefeld.