Diame

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Diame is a beast, or was a beast, not sure if he’s still got it but he’s exactly the sort of wardrobe we need in the middle of the park 

Depends if he has any skeletons in it. 

26 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Diame is a beast, or was a beast, not sure if he’s still got it but he’s exactly the sort of wardrobe we need in the middle of the park 

That’s quite key though, if it’s a “beast” we want, and he turns out to be no longer that type of player...........

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Nobody has yet engaged with me about this. I’m genuinely unclear on what type of midfielder he is now. Didn’t see too much of Newcastle last season, so I don’t really know what role he played Anyone see many of his games?

Me too. I wanted him in previous seasons, but I've not seen him play since his first season with Newcastle.

If he's the player he was then - strong, athletic, fit, full of desire, and a quality midfielder - then I don't care of his age. However, he's likely to be expensive salary-wise so we have to make sure he's still capable of what I mentioned earlier.

One thing worth considering when comparing to Carlos' older signings, I expect Bruce will get us pace along side the experience, which is something we didn't have under Carlos and caused us all sorts of problems.

Looking at the highlights he reminds me of Carlton Palmer. I'm not sure if it's just his long legs reaching out and nicking the ball off people or more than that. We could do with another Carlton.

Worrying that they show a lot of his long passes ......and they got intercepted, I'll put it down to bad choice of clips.

Guest everydays_wednesday
On 06/06/2019 at 13:13, parkfieldowl14 said:

Much prefer Lady Diana to Diame tbh. :Sid:

Image result for Lady diana spencer

She was like a candle in the wind....sobs :-(

13 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Nobody has yet engaged with me about this. I’m genuinely unclear on what type of midfielder he is now. Didn’t see too much of Newcastle last season, so I don’t really know what role he played Anyone see many of his 

Think a poor man's yaya Toure and your on the right path 

Guest wilyfox
14 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Anybody would think he was 38 years old and marred with injury problems ffs. Diame would walk into pretty much every midfield in the division

..because he's no longer able to run? :ph34r:

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Bluesteel said:

Spoke to some toon fans today, general thoughts are that he goes through really good spells and then has a month or two of being poor/anonymous.

Back in two months :ph34r: