Diame

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

What very often happens with teams that get promoted from championship with a selection of older players is that they get released. 

Villa have realised a few. The blunts have realised a few and Norwich have released the older ones I think.

It's a case of a one year deal then bye bye and thanks if we got promotion. Older players with desire and experience are necessary in getting promotion. 

Bruce will know whether he is worth a risk. If an over 30 is better than what we have then sign them . As long as the contract is right. 

The problem in the last 3 or 4 years has been the amount of wages and length of contract. 

Bruce will not let the same happen again.

That’s right, and hopefully won’t get carried away, like Carlos did. We have an ageing midfield trio already, let’s not duplicate like we did before. 

4 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Waddle came with a great pedigree, Diame..meh 

Waddle was thought to be done and a spent force, He was out of the England fold at the time.

Nobody was looking at Waddle and thinking he could hack it back in England.

Diame has tore this league a new one every time he has had a run in it. 

Edited by Prince

4 minutes ago, Prince said:

Waddle was thought to be done and a spent force, He was out of the England fold at the time.

As would Rhodes, according to plenty on here

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As would Rhodes, according to plenty on here

The Rhodes thing is a strange one, Not sure if it's an ability thing or confidence.

Either way if he goes then we have the cash, If he stays then I trust Bruce to get the most out of him. I don't believe he will score goals in the premiership if he goes to Norwich.

6 minutes ago, Prince said:

The Rhodes thing is a strange one, Not sure if it's an ability thing or confidence.

Either way if he goes then we have the cash, If he stays then I trust Bruce to get the most out of him. I don't believe he will score goals in the premiership if he goes to Norwich.

Making you right there

2 hours ago, prowl said:

I'd trust Bruce to know which older experienced players to bring in. I wouldn't have trusted the last 2 to bring in the clothes off the washing line.

Jos would have left all your best outfits out in the elements. :ghoulguy:

2 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

I hope our transfer strategy has changed from players who have no resale value and players who will demand £40-45k a week.

You and me, it seems plenty are happy to repeat the same mistakes

2 hours ago, Prince said:

Whilst I don't want to give the comparison too much time, anybody who watched that Marseille team did not think that Waddle was a spent force.

4 hours ago, PopePiusX said:

Whilst I don't want to give the comparison too much time, anybody who watched that Marseille team did not think that Waddle was a spent force.

Where did you watch that Marseille team in the early 90’s?