Diame

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Prince said:

It still goes with whatever market we are in. All the best sides are a blend of youth and experience. Just because we have had or pants pulled down with experienced players doesn't mean they are all ready for the knackers yard.

Nor should we be in a hurry to repeat similar mistakes. Besides, we already have stacks of experience. Need more youth to achieve the blend you speak of. 

10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

You're using the two best players in the world as examples. We're shopping for top-end championship where we can't afford much and the league is very physical. 

Tbh if you're going to use anyone as examples, the best 2 players in the World isn't bad.

He wouldn't use them if they were

1 under 30

2 Crap players.

Us getting in quality experienced players at the right price is another thing entirely.

Edited by OWL1969

Guest wilyfox
Just now, OWL1969 said:

Tbh if you're going to use anyone as examples, the best 2 players in the World isn't bad.

He wouldn't use them if they were

1 under 30

2 Crap players.

More relevant to use championship examples like Pudil & Boyd, whose legs went in their early 30s - but then they wouldn't support the argument would they?

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

More relevant to use championship examples like Pudil & Boyd, whose legs went in their early 30s - but then they wouldn't support the argument would they?

Just edited my previous post, but the point still applies, people say all players over 30 are past it in today's football.

How better to refute that than by without doubt the World's greatest 2 current players both being over 30.

2 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Just edited my previous post, but the point still applies, people say all players over 30 are past it in today's football.

How better to refute that than by without doubt the World's greatest 2 current players both being over 30.

But isn't that the exception rather than the rule?

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Because they are a cut above anyone we're ever likely to have here. Exceptions don't make a general rule. I'm not anti experienced players, I'm anti experienced players when we already have plenty. The only position we could perhaps accommodate one is an experienced leader alongside Tom Lees at the back. Elsewhere, we lack pace, energy of youth, and dynamism. 

34 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Because they are a cut above anyone we're ever likely to have here. Exceptions don't make a general rule. I'm not anti experienced players, I'm anti experienced players when we already have plenty. The only position we could perhaps accommodate one is an experienced leader alongside Tom Lees at the back. Elsewhere, we lack pace, energy of youth, and dynamism. 

I agree with you, what I was saying was in response to your "you're using the 2 best players in the world as examples" as if they were bad examples.

Obviously he's going to use the best players he can and you can't get better than them and they both fit the over 30s argument.

My opinion fwiw is we could perhaps accommodate 1 "older, more experienced, old head" but more in the mould of a Mick Lyons or Viv Anderson  (even a S Bruce type)  at the back or a Robson/Keane experienced midfielder someone who is a leader and willing to go in where it hurt, to set an example and lead the younger players by example as well as vocally leading them.

Not an old winger, forward or full back who've lost their pace and are no longer the player they used to be. (Obvious 2 excepted)

A leader to go with the more youthful, energetic players that I also expect us to bring in this summer.

4 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

I agree with you, what I was saying was in response to your "you're using the 2 best players in the world as examples" as if they were bad examples.

Obviously he's going to use the best players he can and you can't get better than them and they both fit the over 30s argument.

My opinion fwiw is we could perhaps accommodate 1 "older, more experienced, old head" but more in the mould of a Mick Lyons or Viv Anderson  (even a S Bruce type)  at the back or a Robson/Keane experienced midfielder someone who is a leader and willing to go in where it hurt, to set an example and lead the younger players by example as well as vocally leading them.

Not an old winger, forward or full back who've lost their pace and are no longer the player they used to be. (Obvious 2 excepted)

A leader to go with the more youthful, energetic players that I also expect us to bring in this summer.

Will be awesome in the championship next season.............. If we don’t get him he’ll turn up at Hillsborough with someone else, run the show and at least a 20 page thread will appear on here and all the ones turning their noses up at him now will be slating the Chairman/manager for not signing him when we had chance!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Will be awesome in the championship next season.............. If we don’t get him he’ll turn up at Hillsborough with someone else, run the show and at least a 20 page thread will appear on here and all the ones turning their noses up at him now will be slating the Chairman/manager for not signing him when we had chance!

Yep. I think he will do well in this league. I'm sure he'll disappear off to the middle east somewhere though. 

We are a fickle bunch of snobs when it comes to transfers though.