Diame

Thought it might be worth discussing separately. 

I couldn't see any issue with maybe a 1 year deal plus 1 year if we go up. Would be a adequate signing. 

Guest wilyfox

There seems to be some ageism on here against young players, cos every bugger they hanker for appears to be over 30. 

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Its been mentioned in the official "mega transfers thread" where no one has signed yet, but its about 150 pages already, no harm in posting it as a stand alone story tho chap. 

Are you suggesting a Diame bar?

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Different times now mate, the game is much much faster

If you have kept yourself fit and are playing near your peak then it's not a problem.

Lionel Messi is 31, Christiano Ronaldo is 34 both are still at the top of their game and don't struggle to keep up with the pace of play.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Different times now mate, the game is much much faster

Do ya reckon some people still live in the 90s?

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Prince said:

If you have kept yourself fit and are playing near your peak then it's not a problem.

Lionel Messi is 31, Christiano Ronaldo is 34 both are still at the top of their game and don't struggle to keep up with the pace of play.

You're using the two best players in the world as examples. We're shopping for top-end championship where we can't afford much and the league is very physical. 

His wage demands would be high so I'd pass but at the right wages he'd be a good signing.

31 isn't old, probably got another 2 to 3 years in him. Some times you buy young and sell for a profit, sometimes you bring in experience and quality knowing they won't have resale value. It takes a mixture to get the balance right. I accept our average age is older than desirable so we need more young players but if the right older player comes up at the right price we would be daft to turn our noses up.

Suspect this one will be out of our wage structure and will go abroad.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, prowl said:

His wage demands would be high so I'd pass but at the right wages he'd be a good signing.

31 isn't old, probably got another 2 to 3 years in him. Some times you buy young and sell for a profit, sometimes you bring in experience and quality knowing they won't have resale value. It takes a mixture to get the balance right. I accept our average age is older than desirable so we need more young players but if the right older player comes up at the right price we would be daft to turn our noses up.

Suspect this one will be out of our wage structure and will go abroad.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

You're using the two best players in the world as examples. We're shopping for top-end championship where we can't afford much and the league is very physical. 

It still goes with whatever market we are in. All the best sides are a blend of youth and experience. Just because we have had or pants pulled down with experienced players doesn't mean they are all ready for the knackers yard.