Tom Staniforth's sister

19 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think the goals should be reduced by a third in women footy as some of the goal keeping looks a bit daft at times.

I dont mind Womens footy and standard is quite good but really do get annoyed by virtue signalling BBC who make Womens football the main sports news story when the interest doesn't justify it.

Bit like watching your lass trying to get rid of a blue bottle out from behind the blinds. Aimless wafting tinged with an edge of fear in case it flies at them. After 30 seconds of comedy value you play the hero and dispatch the critter.:duntmatter:

On 05/06/2019 at 08:01, torres said:

Can’t wait for the women’s World Cup should be fantastic.....

Said no one ever 

I'm looking forward to it. Started getting in to football after watching Japan in the World Cup 2011 and winning it .. Was absolutely magical and almost written in the stars given what happend in Japan in 2011

Don't mind womens football, just take it for what it is.. one thing I proper love is the fact they aren't cheating, playacting, canniving, sportsfolk....

14 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Good article on the Beeb from an earlier Women's WC Tournament.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/LNoYd7se8m/the-lost-lionesses

Read this t'other day - very good article. What a briliant story to tell .. unreal!

Stan was a fantastic player ahead of his time in many respects.  A true ball playing center half who could pick out a 40/50yd pass with ease.  He was really well thought of and was starting to make big steps towards the first team squad.

Brilliant bloke who was so funny, kind and got on with everyone.

Pleased to see his sister doing so well and wearing number 37.

7 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

Stan was a fantastic player ahead of his time in many respects.  A true ball playing center half who could pick out a 40/50yd pass with ease.  He was really well thought of and was starting to make big steps towards the first team squad.

Brilliant bloke who was so funny, kind and got on with everyone.

Pleased to see his sister doing so well and wearing number 37.

That was the thing that stood out for me when i saw him play

Was sat in our local Indian in Dinnington a few years back and in walked a load of female footballers with Birmingham City tracksuits on.

Gets chatting and turns out one of them was the daughter of one of my old mates Adie Moore, Jade.

Had heard his daughter was a decent player but i had no idea she would turn international.

I must admit i do enjoy most of the games when i watch them. 

It's unfair to compare them to the men's game.