Any Predictions on the date for Schit Storm Friday

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

Legitimate concerns are to be welcomed, but the guy is speculating, guessing,on a hunch of what he thinks may/might/will happen, its nonsense at the moment. 

That's fine,but the posters that are saying the elf have already seen our accounts are also speculating. 

5 minutes ago, Quist said:

The things stated are not appropriate. Late reporting of accounts to Companies House is not a big issue. The things being stated re embargo and points deduction are simply not accurate. If you have any commercial acumen at all you will know that when you are in transgression of a rule as we were last summer, we will have agreed a plan with EFL to get back to within £13 million loss rule. This is clearly what we are following and it will mean spending is restricted until we achieve that goal. Only a complete idiot would assume you have an embargo lift it and then have another few months later. The utter tripe which was being posted was nothing more than to stir.

So after the chairman says we are in big trouble if we don't get promoted, then the accounting period is changed at the last possible moment, then they are not submitted on time,are you not slightly concerned. 

1 minute ago, teddybeararmy said:

So after the chairman says we are in big trouble if we don't get promoted, then the accounting period is changed at the last possible moment, then they are not submitted on time,are you not slightly concerned. 

No, the Chairman is working under restrictions from EFL and he was probably very concerned that we would be losing several players who we had paid good money for from the club. I expect change of date and late production is due to some loop hole in regulations they are trying to exploit to get extra cash into club. Worried no we have financially rich owner whose plans are being stifled by poor P&S regulations. 

What is the point in worrying about something you have no control over and with problems that have arisen in last few months for example Bolton and Middlesboro spat I expect the rules will be changed in not too distant future.

21 minutes ago, Quist said:

The things stated are not appropriate. Late reporting of accounts to Companies House is not a big issue. The things being stated re embargo and points deduction are simply not accurate. If you have any commercial acumen at all you will know that when you are in transgression of a rule as we were last summer, we will have agreed a plan with EFL to get back to within £13 million loss rule. This is clearly what we are following and it will mean spending is restricted until we achieve that goal. Only a complete idiot would assume you have an embargo lift it and then have another few months later. The utter tripe which was being posted was nothing more than to stir.

I assumed you could have an embargo lift it and than have another one a few months later 

5 minutes ago, Quist said:

No, the Chairman is working under restrictions from EFL and he was probably very concerned that we would be losing several players who we had paid good money for from the club. I expect change of date and late production is due to some loop hole in regulations they are trying to exploit to get extra cash into club. Worried no we have financially rich owner whose plans are being stifled by poor P&S regulations. 

What is the point in worrying about something you have no control over and with problems that have arisen in last few months for example Bolton and Middlesboro spat I expect the rules will be changed in not too distant future.

That's fine, your not concerned, however some are and so are entitled to voice an opinion whether you agree or not. 

Guest Kameron

Only time will tell but just as I’m speculating as to what I think will happen others are also speculating that DC has the money to keep bankrolling us and keep us clear of points deductions and embargo’s.  they have not one shed of evidence to back up their claims, my conclusions are at least based on what a complete testicles he’s made of things so far, people that are seriously minted don’t have a need to sell 2,3,4 and 5 year season tickets nor dream up shambolic schemes like club 1867.  

2 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Only time will tell but just as I’m speculating as to what I think will happen others are also speculating that DC has the money to keep bankrolling us and keep us clear of points deductions and embargo’s.  they have not one shed of evidence to back up their claims, my conclusions are at least based on what a complete testicles he’s made of things so far, people that are seriously minted don’t have a need to sell 2,3,4 and 5 year season tickets nor dream up shambolic schemes like club 1867.  

You can guide them to water but you can't make them drink.

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

My Prediction is July 12th with at least four new signings !

Hi Nev, I'll try to get your fred back on topic but, I'm not too sure that I can do it gently and without turning you into a trembling mass of violent frustration, buddy.

When I first heard the news I was so violently outraged that I could not control my emotions, until I saw l**ds falling apart again and burst into uncontrollable laughter, which can still break out and have me in stitches whenever I hear the name of that dump :Sid: .

Anyways, I digress. Upon broaching the subject of Shitsstorm Friday in some other fred here on our beloved Owlstalk, someone glibly chimed in with the FACT that the Transfer Window closes on the 8th August. I was cool with this for about 30 seconds until I realised that the 8th August is a FECKIN THURSDAY, FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just who the hell do the EFL think they are , FFS ?? That they could so offhandedly cast aside the famous Owlstalk institution know around the globe as "Shitsstorm Friday !!

Please accept my most sincere apologies for having to be the one to be breaking this news to you, (indeed, tears are streaming down my face whilst typing this), and I do hope that this grievous loss of ours does not affect you in the way it did me.

Chin up old chap, and onwards and upwards with the wonderful Owls.

( We could always substitute Shitsstorm Friday with Thyitthtorm Thurthday , I suppose :Sid: 

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox

Can't foresee a shitstorm Friday anytime soon, but maybe a trots Tuesday or squirts Sunday if something bad happens. 

25 minutes ago, the monk said:

I assumed you could have an embargo lift it and than have another one a few months later 

The P&S stands for Profit and Sustainability. Much of the rubbish spoken about this has forgotten about sustainability bit. It is taken over 3 year cycle so they know variations exist and if rules are broken they advise you to get back to profitability. This is more than likely with a plan. It will be a plan which brings you back within the rules. It will not be you must meet this now as a club has to continue to function and losing millions of expenditure in a short period would threaten its stability. Hence as long as you are heading in right direction you should not fall foul of rules. Birmingham did not follow the advice so they were handed to Disciplinary Commission who punished them. We adhered to rules and presumably if we stick to plan we should be ok. This will mean we will not be throwing about the cash and may have to wheal and deal to get where we need to go.

30 minutes ago, teddybeararmy said:

That's fine, your not concerned, however some are and so are entitled to voice an opinion whether you agree or not. 

Yes but stating stuff which is clearly not accurate has the right to be challenged. Equally your assumption that I do not care what is going on off the pitch was wrong. I understand and can live with it.

24 minutes ago, Kameron said:

For those that seem to have forgot the words of Chansiri In January this year take another read.  As we didn’t achieve promotion I’d say we’re fo oked.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/dejphon-chansiri-statement/

I've just refresh read that, how do you get "we're f----d" after reading that.......... Bizarre fella. 

When is the last day of the window? I’m going for that.

We’ll have had 7-8 players ready to sign up, but won’t actually sign them until the last minute, to stop the EFL getting wind and saying we have a soft um bongo in effect. We’ll just accept a wrist slap and argue the tosssss later

Boro will go nuts.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Kameron said:

No you are stating speculation as fact in a vain attempt to raise concerns before anything is known.

As for your line at the end about DC not being seriously wealthy confirms my suspicions about your motives and your little matey boy backing you up. In the immortal words of our state visitor from the US of A.... FAKE NEWS !!!!

Guest Kameron
11 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

I've just refresh read that, how do you get "we're f----d" after reading that.......... Bizarre fella. 

At fans’ forums and Steering Group meetings, I have warned of the problems we will face with the Profitability and Sustainability regulations if we did not get promoted. The same is true as I write today. Unless we achieve promotion this season, we will again experience problems. I said it then and I say it now because I do not wish for bad surprises for our supporters. I wish to say it how it is and that way it is clear on both sides.

To make our situation 100% clear, we are not under any kind of embargo right now. However, if our problems cannot be solved by March when we submit our accounts to the EFL, another soft embargo is inevitable. This will become a full embargo if again the problems cannot be solved at the end of the financial year.

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, Prince said:

No you are stating speculation as fact in a vain attempt to raise concerns before anything is known.

As for your line at the end about DC not being seriously wealthy confirms my suspicions about your motives and your little matey boy backing you up. In the immortal words of our state visitor from the US of A.... FAKE NEWS !!!!

At fans’ forums and Steering Group meetings, I have warned of the problems we will face with the Profitability and Sustainability regulations if we did not get promoted. The same is true as I write today. Unless we achieve promotion this season, we will again experience problems. I said it then and I say it now because I do not wish for bad surprises for our supporters. I wish to say it how it is and that way it is clear on both sides.

To make our situation 100% clear, we are not under any kind of embargo right now. However, if our problems cannot be solved by March when we submit our accounts to the EFL, another soft embargo is inevitable. This will become a full embargo if again the problems cannot be solved at the end of the financial year.