Wednesday's "outrageous" Rhodes valuation

On 01/06/2019 at 06:26, quinnssweetshop said:

Just get rid of him, he's no desire to play for us, didn't give a to55 whilst he was here, bottled out of taking a penalty against his beloved Huddersfield

An absolute waste of money.  get him off the books. And no...I never wanted him here at the time either ( before anyone uses that excuse )

We don't need bottlers this season. We need people that want to play for the club.

Inclined to agree. The bottle of the penalty for whatever reason he gave was the end of his time here effectively. Recoup as much as realistically possible and move on 

• Thanks 1

I’ve said all along, I think £3m is realistic. Norwich will need to match his wages of £35k PW and the minimum package over a 2 year deal would be £6.6m for basically a player to come off the bench. He’s also not a premier league player and he’d struggle to get in most championship teams

Im not one to undervalue our players like some on here but the above is about right given the circumstances. 

That money could fund the Hector signing which is of utmost importance. I acknowledge that we have 2 x £2m instalments to pay the Boro but at least we would save on Rhodes’ wages. 

20 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’ve said all along, I think £3m is realistic. Norwich will need to match his wages of £35k PW and the minimum package over a 2 year deal would be £6.6m for basically a player to come off the bench. He’s also not a premier league player and he’d struggle to get in most championship teams

Im not one to undervalue our players like some on here but the above is about right given the circumstances. 

That money could fund the Hector signing which is of utmost importance. I acknowledge that we have 2 x £2m instalments to pay the Boro but at least we would save on Rhodes’ wages. 

Why do Norwich need to match his £35k PW wages (or whatever it is)?

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’m sure Rhodes will want to keep the same wage given he’s under contract for a further 2 years at Wednesday!

I'm sure too. 

But if what we read is true, he's unhappy at Wednesday. He wants away. He's happy at Norwich. They want him, but can't / won't pay.

If Jordan really does want the move, he can help facilitate it by lowering his wage demands. What Norwich save on wages, they can add to the transfer fee.

Of course, it all depends on how big the gap is between what we want and what Norwich are prepared to pay. But if Jordan really wants the move, he can help bridge the gap. If he values his £35k per week so much, he might have to stay where he's not happy to get it. If he lowers his demands to £20k pw, that's £1.5m that Norwich can put towards the transfer fee.

He's ripped us off for 35k a week and given us nothing. All this crap about him being a decent fella, blah blah blah.  He's just interested in his own pocket and clearly doesn't nor ever did give a to55 about us.
Just a family stitch up to get him here and make a few quid. We paid all that money, for sod all. Why do people continually say he's good for the club ? All he has done is fleece us and whinge about us.
Sell him and forget, he's never been an asset to this club. I just can't see why there are people on here grabbing the Kleenex about him. He's done sod all for us.

Sell while we can make at least something before he heads off to the USA or China to play on past glories.