Owls in the Park 2019

What a great idea this was. Been today and to 4 of the previous ones. It is one of the best things Wednesday have ever done. OK, it might not be to everyone's taste, but how can you not smile when you see so many families enjoying a day in the sunshine, with the chairman, manager, and players engaging with the fans. To see so many Wednesdayites having fun is a joy. I honestly cant believe other clubs haven't latched on to it and copied it. The feel good factor is immense and I'm raring for the season to start now. Sorry, Mr Jennings, but WAWAW belongs to ALL of us, not you. UTO ! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wednesdaylander said:

What a great idea this was. Been today and to 4 of the previous ones. It is one of the best things Wednesday have ever done. OK, it might not be to everyone's taste, but how can you not smile when you see so many families enjoying a day in the sunshine, with the chairman, manager, and players engaging with the fans. To see so many Wednesdayites having fun is a joy. I honestly cant believe other clubs haven't latched on to it and copied it. The feel good factor is immense and I'm raring for the season to start now. Sorry, Mr Jennings, but WAWAW belongs to ALL of us, not you. UTO ! 

Quite agree, does anyone know if other clubs do anything similar?  Seems a win win idea to me, brings the fans and the club closer (Those kids will remember playing against the players for the rest of their lives) and I would guess that it might not be a money spinner but wouldn't be a big money loser either.  Great publicity and a lifetime memories.

I bet Derby have one.

Aaand back in the room! Just me and the little one went today, and we had a great day. In fairness she was more about the rides today. Last year we all had to endure sunstroke and third degree burns to meet the player's, and today it was one look at the queue and stuff that!! But it didn't detract, and I start to get the tingle in my tum that the forever of the off season is nearly over!!

For the record, I think it's a great the club puts it on.

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Thanks to all who joined in the cottaging fun near the bowling green club. A splendid hour or two had by all.

The only negative was all the goths lingering around partaking in illegal substances. It is just not on at a family event. 

Was good to see you again Orlando, even if it was only briefly, sorry again. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Quite agree, does anyone know if other clubs do anything similar?  Seems a win win idea to me, brings the fans and the club closer (Those kids will remember playing against the players for the rest of their lives) and I would guess that it might not be a money spinner but wouldn't be a big money loser either.  Great publicity and a lifetime memories.

I bet Derby have one.

Great idea, but it’s a huge opportunity missed for extra revenue 

Having this event and not having both shirts available for purchase is frustrating at best 

Especially as the club know how popular the event is with families 

Yep, the shirts need to be on sale for this event. Thousands of fans in one place with money ready to spend. I don't know why they weren't on sale but whatever the reason its poor from the club. Doesn't detract from the quality day out they still put on, just would have been a good way to make more money. 

The players were whisked away whilst folk were queuing to play with em. Plenty moaned, I was pretty pleased cos season tickets are expensive and it looks like Bruce is taking next season seriously. 

23 minutes ago, torres said:

Great idea, but it’s a huge opportunity missed for extra revenue 

Having this event and not having both shirts available for purchase is frustrating at best 

Especially as the club know how popular the event is with families 

I'm fairly sure after least seasons debacle with the shirts ,that DC said it would be sorted for this season, nothing at all from the club with the season just under 5 weeks away !

15 minutes ago, Watto said:

I'm fairly sure after least seasons debacle with the shirts ,that DC said it would be sorted for this season, nothing at all from the club with the season just under 5 weeks away !

Probably due to the WAWAW court case 

1 hour ago, Watto said:

From a sales/marketing point of view it's pretty shambolic to have the same errors/missed opportunities year after year.

• Like 1