Owls in the Park 2019

On 31/05/2019 at 12:41, Ever the pessimist said:

Haven’t got a problem with it and agree it’s a good thing, just think it would make sense (commercially if nothing else) to coincide with kit launch.

Then you would get the real Pessimists claiming that the club are exploiting a kids event to make money.  

Did you see what I did there?

• Like 1

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/fun-in-the-sun-this-weekend/

With the rain set to give way to glorious sunshine towards the end of the week, the scene is set nicely for Owls in the Park 2019.

Our huge community event and one of the biggest on the country’s football calendar takes place this Sunday, 30 June, in Hillsborough Park. Chairman Dejphon Chansiri, manager Steve Bruce and the players will host thousands of Wednesdayites as the SWFC family comes together this summer.

Now in its eighth year, Owls in the Park is a true success story and we promise more of the same this time around.

From a stunning BMX bike display to the inspiring Support Dogs show, and the bigger than ever funfair in-between, the event is not to be missed. The VIP Breakfast Packages, which sold out just hours after going on sale last week, get proceedings underway at Hillsborough before the main event kicks off at 11.30am.

Event partners Hallam FM will curate the main stage from midday and watch out for a range of interactive fun and games for junior Owls – with super prizes up for grabs.

Elsewhere around the park, we have something for all the family, with rides, inflatables, market stalls, food markets, licensed bars and much, much more. The players will be out and about around the park signing autographs and posing for selfies – whilst joining in with kids’ football games along the way!

So circle the date in the diary and look forward to a blue and white day to remember…we will see you all there!

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 1

On 29/05/2019 at 12:27, Steelman said:

Lets be honest, it's an absolute bag of w@nk.

Who wants to queue 4 hours to see the players when you can just see them at the ground on match days??

Might as well go and sit in a beer garden instead.

Oh shut up you sad little man! The club actually do something good, and people like you cant wait to slag it off! PATHETIC

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jaydubz said:

Oh shut up you sad little man! The club actually do something good, and people like you cant wait to slag it off! PATHETIC

Chill.

I'm entitled to an opinion. I think it's complete shybo and so do my 12 & 10 year olds. There's literally a whole lot of nothing.

Have you ever read the Emperor's new Clothes? I can recommend it, it will be a real eye opener for you.

Have a nice day, you happy big man.

20 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Chill.

I'm entitled to an opinion. I think it's complete shybo and so do my 12 & 10 year olds. There's literally a whole lot of nothing.

Have you ever read the Emperor's new Clothes? I can recommend it, it will be a real eye opener for you.

:tango:

42 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Chill.

Must admit, made me laugh that. lol

On 29/05/2019 at 12:27, Steelman said:

Lets be honest, it's an absolute bag of w@nk.

Who wants to queue 4 hours to see the players when you can just see them at the ground on match days??

Might as well go and sit in a beer garden instead.

I don't think it is marketed to people wanting to spend a Sunday afternoon getting smashed.

It's not for me either but a fair few people seem to enjoy year after year so no need to be so negative.