Owls in the Park 2019

Guest The Claw

its a good day out, me in the bar with live music and the kids at the fun fair, and a great promotion for the massive. I know loads of lads from up and down the country who say they would like their clubs to do the same

Make a point of going or trying to go every year with my two kids. Even the missus loves going, even though shes not even into football. 

Id love to see the return of the live music (you cant beat it on a sunny day), it free, lots to wander about and see. Gets eveyone together wednesday wise. 

Love it tbh and im greatful the club can put it on. 

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 12:27, Steelman said:

Lets be honest, it's an absolute bag of w@nk.

Who wants to queue 4 hours to see the players when you can just see them at the ground on match days??

Might as well go and sit in a beer garden instead.

I used to wait 4 upto 2 hours with kids then I thought whats the point ,my kids have all had photos took this past 12 months with bannan,hooper,joao,forestieri nuhiu etc outside of players entrance or near ticket office no waiting . still take them to owls in the park but waiting in that line no chance . 

21 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Our fans are slagging off owls in the park, probably the same fans that told us all that Stevie May would come good. Weird folk

probably  the same folk what said abdi would come good and same now what are saying van aken is going to be a star and stay fit . 

Went last year with my son. He got to have a kick about with the players, scored a penalty against Joao and got hoisted onto Atdhes shoulders in celebration. That's something he will never ever forget and it cost a quid. 

Then he went to have a go at keepy uppy on stage and won a signed shirt, presented pitch side before a match by Bannan. That was free. 

If you don't like stuff like this don't go. Personally I'd rather do that than sit and drink in a beer garden but each to their own. I wouldn't try and knock what others enjoy. 

• Like 3

The focus of owls in the park should never be about a kit launch,

It is about the club being a massive part of the Sheffield community and allowing fans and staff to mix together in a family fun environment, to which it succeeds better than id say anything any other club in the country does

Like @latemodelchild said his son had a day he's never likely to forget playing footy with his heroes for a quid 

I don't see anything that gives any Sheffield Wednesday fan a reason to knock this event, unless you look for reasons in everything to knock the club 

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Biggest problem it has is that club doesn’t tend to get new kit out in time for it. If we did it has a particular focus.

From memory, we've missed it once

14 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

The focus of owls in the park should never be about a kit launch,

It is about the club being a massive part of the Sheffield community and allowing fans and staff to mix together in a family fun environment, to which it succeeds better than id say anything any other club in the country does

Like @latemodelchild said his son had a day he's never likely to forget playing footy with his heroes for a quid 

I don't see anything that gives any Sheffield Wednesday fan a reason to knock this event, unless you look for reasons in everything to knock the club 

Haven’t got a problem with it and agree it’s a good thing, just think it would make sense (commercially if nothing else) to coincide with kit launch.