Owls in the Park 2019

Large

Thursday 20 June marks the release of the 2019/20 fixture list for the Owls before another significant day on the calendar right at the end of the month.

Owls in the Park, in association with Hallam FM, is on the horizon once more, with the hugely successful community event entering into its eighth year.

Sunday 30 June is the date for the diary, when Hillsborough Park in the summer sun becomes the focal point for all those a blue and white persuasion.

Owls-in-the-Park-crowd.jpg

Wedensdayites of all generations are welcome to join us as we host thousands of fans throughout a fun-packed day across the way in the park.

Chairman Dejphon Chansiri, manager Steve Bruce and the whole squad will be in attendance, roaming out and about across an event now widely recognised as one of the most relevant on the Sheffield calendar.

Owls in the Park 2019, with free entry for all age groups, runs from 11.00am to 5.00pm – watch this space for your full checklist!

owls-in-the-park_charity.jpg

• Thanks 1

It's a great event, and i really shouldn't moan about anything BUT, the last few years the stalls have been abit of a let down. Why did we have a massive section devoted to dogs? 

Would prefer it if there were more football memorabilia stalls etc.

But great that from the club that we continue to put this on for free for us.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

It's a great event, and i really shouldn't moan about anything BUT, the last few years the stalls have been abit of a let down. Why did we have a massive section devoted to dogs? 

Would prefer it if there were more football memorabilia stalls etc.

But great that from the club that we continue to put this on for free for us.

I like dogs

18 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Lets be honest, it's an absolute bag of w@nk.

Who wants to queue 4 hours to see the players when you can just see them at the ground on match days??

Might as well go and sit in a beer garden instead.

dont go then ,its that simple

if it gets some of the young kids interested in following the Wednesday

then I'm all for it

• Haha 1

Will there be anything added that will make it worth attending or just the same as every other year?

No meaning it as a criticism that is is the same every year as it is clearly very popular with the masses but there isn't anything that works for me. 

Was much better in my opinion when it was an open day at Hillsbrough and you could watch the training. The queues for signings were somehow shorter as well.

Brilliant free event, surprised they don't cash in on the ground tours on the day though. Surely people would be interested. 

Random kick about games on pitch with stands open for fans to come and go as they please would be good too. 

Guest addedtime
12 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

So many people slagging it off.

If the Blunts were doing it and we weren't the same people would be apoplectic that we were missing a trick.

It's great for the people who like that sort of thing.