Championship odds 2019/20

19 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

We've not finished 1st in any league since the 1958/59 season and have only finished 2nd in 3 seasons during that time. Not surprised we aren't fancied. 

Great stat!

12 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

You have to ask exactly how motivated are Fulham Huddersfield and Cardiff fans to get back up after the misery of last season for them?

Championship is way better for a fan of a middling club.

Imo I would sooner be fighting relegation and watching world class footballers than looking forward to another season of mediocre second division football 

Can anyone remember when a team came down and went straight back up .Stoke ,West Brom  who came near ,and Swansea . Came down last season . Fulham don't fancy them or Cardiff ,Huddersfield no chance ,Leeds will be near ,Stoke could be close ,As for us .If we sell our Ground  ,How much cash can we spend ,We were hardly prolific in front of Goal ,We need a goalscorer .

21 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Leeds and Fulham joint favourites 5/2

WBA 3/1

Hudds, Cardiff, Stoke 7/2

Boro, Owls 9/2

Brentford, Swansea 6/1

Forest 7/1

Early days before any transfer activity but looks an open league, no real clear favourites.

Surprised how short Stoke are. I would probably make WBA favourites.

honestly,suprised how short our odds are

2 hours ago, basegreenowl said:

With which bookie? 

It was on skybet end of season specials, but I think either I've boo-booed or skybet. Bit misleading, as it says Sheffield Wednesday to be promoted (19/20) and Blunts to be relegated (19/20), but it's now gone to the top of mi open bets screen as if it's about to time out. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Geedee said:

Imo I would sooner be fighting relegation and watching world class footballers than looking forward to another season of mediocre second division football 

Fair enough. One season like that might be fun. Mostly those teams are watching their teams lose against mediocre premier league sides or overpowered top six sides ripping them a new one.

I'd hope when we go up we challenge a bit more than those three.

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Can anyone remember when a team came down and went straight back up .Stoke ,West Brom  who came near ,and Swansea . Came down last season . Fulham don't fancy them or Cardiff ,Huddersfield no chance ,Leeds will be near ,Stoke could be close ,As for us .If we sell our Ground  ,How much cash can we spend ,We were hardly prolific in front of Goal ,We need a goalscorer .

Only 2 of the last 18 teams to finish bottom 2 have gone straight up. And people say parachute payments are unfair. In a way that justifies them in my opinion. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

I presume those odds are on promotion not winning Championship outright. Even so they are rather skinny. You have 10 teams shorter than natural odds which is a very large number. Bookies do not intend losing much. Usually there is a gamble on two or three teams who have made significant acquisitions or look good on immediate return after relegation. The relegated clubs do not look automatic candidates for return expect Cardiff to do best.  Middlesboro will take time to turn around, WBA in my opinion are favourites but will need good start. Stoke have some good players but not keen on recruitment they have done. Derby and Leeds look to me type who will blow out this year after play offs this year. Bielsa has said will not get as much out of players this season, which would worry me if Leeds fan. Brentford keep selling best players and need to learn how to play away from home. Forest under O'Neill could go either way,, they are a team which would not surprise me if in bottom 6 or top 6. There will be an who'd have thought it team and this may be Blackburn or Preston. I think we will be thereabouts one of those seasons to you on edge of seats I think.